Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #141
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

WTF is up with talking about cutting all the enjoyable parts of public school to save money while the country squanders billions upon billions upon billions on wars in shitholes that will always be shitholes?

Smittie wants us to be a bunch of robots I think. Ever heard of fun and quality of life? For fuck sakes...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #142
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
if you tax the rich more, you should tax "the poor" the same........
"The Rich" are currently taxed at a lower rate than they have been in the last 80 years. They can afford it a little more than can "The Poor."

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #143
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I could see it for the primary and even middle schools. High schools? The lazy ass fat ass kids are are always going to be lazy ass fatass kids are done with sports by high school. High School should be pure academia. You go in in the morning and learn about English, math, science, etc. Things that'll help you get through college and life. Why waste it on sports with fancy stadiums and equipment?

There are also tons of academic style classes that could go too. An example is high school anatomy. The people interested in anatomy (such as future doctors, nurses, vets, etc) will learn that in college. Doctors won't even learn anatomy until they graduate with their bachelors and get into med school. Why waste paying a teacher to teach something people won't use and won't transfer over to college?

I could also go on about the media programs of the school. They spend a few thousand for a nice camera so 10 students can run the "student news" in the morning. Then the fancy Imacs to put the crap together aren't cheap either.

There are tons of waste in school that can be cut. But that would also cut teacher jobs (though potentially increase pay for others) which the NEA would never ever permit. Which the NEA has never given one shit about students anyways.
A lot of kids don't develop enough confidence to do sports until high school.

Also, for those who don't go on to college, high school is their last opportunity to be in sports.

And then there's the whole issue of how would colleges be able to acquire any talent if high school sports didn't exist ......

And as far as Anatomy lessons? Why don't you think that subject is valuable? Learning what's inside the human body is going to be more valuable to the average layman than Astronomy or Shakespeare, in my opinion.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-15-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #144
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
WTF is up with talking about cutting all the enjoyable parts of public school to save money while the country squanders billions upon billions upon billions on wars in shitholes that will always be shitholes?

Smittie wants us to be a bunch of robots I think. Ever heard of fun and quality of life? For fuck sakes...
Agree 1000%.

Want to cut costs? Get out of these other fucking countries and stop starting wars in the name of the money transfer scheme.

Sports builds teamwork, drive and direction. Not to mention it keeps people active. It also gets the chicks.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-15-2011 at 11:11 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #145
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
"The Rich" are currently taxed at a lower rate than they have been in the last 80 years. They can afford it a little more than can "The Poor."
Negative.

1988 - 1992 were lower.

Also, the top bracket starts at a MUCH lower dollar figure today (when adjusted for inflation*) than preceding years.

So, technically, "the rich" cannot afford it as easily as "the poor".

*Possible exception during the Clinton years but it's late and I'm not going to run inflation calcs.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #146
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Athletics is simply a necessary thing in the develoment of any kid that will grow up to be worth a shit.
You've said some really stupid shit in the past, but this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #147
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You've said some really stupid shit in the past, but this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site...
Really? Care to explain? Because if you really think my post is SO controversial that it's the dumbest thing you've ever read, then you are one of the most bizarre online personas I've ever encountered.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #148
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Really? Come on man.

Kind of makes me sad how little importance people put on sports and physical activity in kids. Kids getting too fat, ridden with diabetes? I know, lets take sports out of school, that'll be great for society!!

Funny that your reply is actually one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site. Oh the irony.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #149
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Negative.

1988 - 1992 were lower.

Also, the top bracket starts at a MUCH lower dollar figure today (when adjusted for inflation*) than preceding years.

So, technically, "the rich" cannot afford it as easily as "the poor".

*Possible exception during the Clinton years but it's late and I'm not going to run inflation calcs.
That's a pointy-headed quibble. Look at the taxation rates, by income, back as far as 1932. Look how much people were being taxed during the 1950s, which are generally acknowledged as the "golden era" of the United States. Rich people still managed to be rich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_..._United_States

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #150
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
A lot of kids don't develop enough confidence to do sports until high school.

Also, for those who don't go on to college, high school is their last opportunity to be in sports.

And then there's the whole issue of how would colleges be able to acquire any talent if high school sports didn't exist ......

And as far as Anatomy lessons? Why don't you think that subject is valuable? Learning what's inside the human body is going to be more valuable to the average layman than Astronomy or Shakespeare, in my opinion.
I agree.

My daughter is taking AP anatomy which will translate to college credit. Maybe I should complain to the district about teaching her advanced classes that aren't needed "yet."

Oh, and maybe talk to them about getting rid of marching band too. I mean, all that early morning hard work and classical music. Completely unnecessary.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote