Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #161
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
IMO, the Cruze interior is better than Civic, Sentra and Corolla.
The Cruze is impressive, but it's a "world car" designed in conjunction with Opel and Hyundai or something, last I checked. So, Americans can't take all the credit for it.

GM's last "home grown" small cars were the Cobalt and G5, and thankfully they're gone now.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-31-2011 at 04:35 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #162
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I've drove a rental impalla many times. The backseat headrests are HORRIBLE!! They do just like he said, makes the back window almost uselss.

Other than that, the car is ok for what it is, but what it is... I hate. It's basic 4 door sedan blahness. It embodies everything I hate about normal cars. Trust me I have gave it lots of thought recently while on my new car hunt.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #163
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I've drove a rental impalla many times. The backseat headrests are HORRIBLE!! They do just like he said, makes the back window almost uselss.

Other than that, the car is ok for what it is, but what it is... I hate. It's basic 4 door sedan blahness. It embodies everything I hate about normal cars. Trust me I have gave it lots of thought recently while on my new car hunt.
Couldn't agree more. I received a call from Enterprise yesterday telling me the car I was driving had been sold, and I needed to bring it back ASAP. WTF?!

They put me in an Impala instead, which lasted all of 15 minutes... the time it took me to drive home, then to another Enterprise location to swap it out. I could NOT drive that car for 3 weeks.

Now I'm in a 4-door Dodge Dakota and all is right with the world. I didn't know these were an option, and if I were put in one of these initially I wouldn't have had to skip two tracks days Memorial Day weekend.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #164
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The Cruze is impressive, but it's a "world car" designed in conjunction with Opel and Hyundai or something, last I checked. So, Americans can't take all the credit for it.

GM's last "home grown" small cars were the Cobalt and G5, and thankfully they're gone now.
The Cruze is a combination of Opel, Daewoo and GM North America, but mainly GM-DAT (Daewoo Automotive Technnologies). The final assembly is Lordstown, OH.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #165
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Couldn't agree more. I received a call from Enterprise yesterday telling me the car I was driving had been sold, and I needed to bring it back ASAP. WTF?!....
Srsly? That is fucked up.

Impala's are good for highway cruising with 5 people. They have solid engines and transmissions to last long.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #166
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I had a 2010 Malibu when I was in Colorado; the interior isn't even in the same class as a Nissan. Having driven this Mitsubishi for a few days, I'll concede and give you that.

But I'm not only comparing it to Japanese cars, more to what one should expect when spending $30k, $60k, $120k on a car. And IMO, GM fails to impress at every price point. Too much plastic, too cookie cutter, and not enough focus on layout.
I've owned a 2008 Malibu LT....VG interior build....but the 3.6L VVT engine was the bread and butter of the car....hella power returning 27mpg city and up to 34 on the highway.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #167
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yeah I'm not saying there is anything "wrong" with the impalla/malibu of the world. They are just basic/normal cars. I just like MORE from my cars. I want something that excites me. Need some performence, nice handling, and a stick.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #168
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Yeah I'm not saying there is anything "wrong" with the impalla/malibu of the world. They are just basic/normal cars. I just like MORE from my cars. I want something that excites me. Need some performence, nice handling, and a stick.
They gave me Malibu as my rental when my Xterra was totalled (or was it an Impala?) I don't remember because it was so boring and plain and uninspiring. It moved when I stepped on the gas but other than that, nothing about the car made an impression on me. No strong feelings about it in either direction.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #169
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
They gave me Malibu as my rental when my Xterra was totalled (or was it an Impala?) I don't remember because it was so boring and plain and uninspiring. It moved when I stepped on the gas but other than that, nothing about the car made an impression on me. No strong feelings about it in either direction.
Amen.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #170
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
They gave you the base 4cyl. with 16inch steel wheels and shitty tires.

The LT model is much much better...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM