Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 PM   #171
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Dlit... his answer to your question is in the post you quoted... that zx9 is gonna be more comfortable for cruising, touring, and a bit more stable as it's heavier.

but really... I just don't want a 1000cc... and as much as I loved my ZZR600... I don't want another... I would like to try a new 600...

I'm still dumb enough to try touring on it... but I'd like something a bit newer...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #172
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I say it depends more on the 20something in question.
One that was raised that always had money and therefore the latest and greatest growing up, will probalby still prefer the newest.
Those that had enough to just get by will look more toward the economics and usability of the item, rather than if it is the "best thing out there"
This is not always the case, and maybe it's just where/how I've been raised too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #173
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I'll chock it up to different strokes for different folks. The older, heavier bikes looks-wise and specs-wise just can't compare to the newer bikes. And I'm not just talking about sportbikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Dlit... his answer to your question is in the post you quoted... that zx9 is gonna be more comfortable for cruising, touring, and a bit more stable as it's heavier.

but really... I just don't want a 1000cc... and as much as I loved my ZZR600... I don't want another... I would like to try a new 600...

I'm still dumb enough to try touring on it... but I'd like something a bit newer...
They don't make bikes that are stable and comfortable anymore? Just as stable and comfortable but without the outdated looks.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #174
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I'll chock it up to different strokes for different folks. The older, heavier bikes looks-wise and specs-wise just can't compare to the newer bikes. And I'm not just talking about sportbikes.

They don't make bikes that are stable and comfortable anymore? Just as stable and comfortable but without the outdated looks.
well not that they're not stable... but with shorter wheel bases and lighter weight... they're less stable in wind.

and as far as comfort... sorry... but the new bikes just aren't as comfy as the old... with the more relaxed ergos and thicker seats... when they were street first... track a distant second
Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #175
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well not that they're not stable... but with shorter wheel bases and lighter weight... they're less stable in wind.

and as far as comfort... sorry... but the new bikes just aren't as comfy as the old... with the more relaxed ergos and thicker seats... when they were street first... track a distant second
I'm not talking about just sportbikes. The ergos of the old sportbikes are pretty much the same as a sport-tourer nowadays.

And most important on the newer bikes...FUEL INJECTED!

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #176
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably wanna Rip my Hands off if I rode my Zx6 as far as Ebbs rode his ZZR...The Ergo's on Streetbikes are no match for a Cruiser or Sport Tourer.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #177
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I'm not talking about just sportbikes. The ergos of the old sportbikes are pretty much the same as a sport-tourer nowadays.

And most important on the newer bikes...FUEL INJECTED!
My bike was Carbed... and NEVER had an issue with it... even in Early may in AK(which is VERY EARLY SPRING for AK) 30* mornings... bike took 2 times to crank over... granted it needed a bit of choke but I set it then turned it down as the bike warmed up.

and I see what your saying... but when these motors can easily run 2-3x longer than most will see with proper maintenance then why spend double the money just for a newer bike?

it comes down to preference... I'm torn between the two... I don't like assuming others issues, but don't like taking the big hit on $ of buying a new bike. I'm the same with cars... though I know how to work on my Truck inside and out... so I'll buy a Toyota pickup in the worst condition if it's a deal. bikes... not so much. so I'm leaning towards new.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #178
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably wanna Rip my Hands off if I rode my Zx6 as far as Ebbs rode his ZZR...The Ergo's on Streetbikes are no match for a Cruiser or Sport Tourer.
I dunno... Kat rode 2000 in 5 days... Rae rode up from and down to FL on hers... they both have very new model 600's...

The key to my trip was days of rest. I always had 1 day between trips to relax. didn't plan that at first... but I cut some "fat" from my route... and was rewarded with a few more days before Indy.

I did have a couple long routes... AR to Rae... 904 miles (cause I got turned around for 50+ miles thanks to GPS fuck'n up in MS) and Dayton to ND 1095 miles but ended up being 200+ miles as my bike decided it had enough miles for that month.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #179
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Rae and Kat are Smaller than Me, Any Streetbike I sit on is GOnna feel Different than it would for Those two...I'm not saying I wouldn't take the Six for a Long Ride...I'd be all for it...I would just have to do a few things to it first for some comfort Mods.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #180
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah just get a tank bag to lean on at times, and an Air Hawk seat pad... I let drewpy use it on his trip with OSP earlier this year... FUCKING AWESOME if you do long trip in the saddle. its $125 or so... but so fucking worth it. but you can't ride aggressively with it... as it grips your ass and won't let you slide off