WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
tuna canyon rd
topanga rd
puma rd
tempestcal rd

basically any back roads in the state parks northwest of LA and south of the san fernando valley. Those are the only really good roads Ive been on in that area.
Topanga is good...but it is usually cold over there.

There are a ton...GMR, ACH, Ortega, Julian, Palm Desert etc. etc. Those are usually better because cops LOVE to hide up in the northern LA areas.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I was taken on a tour by some folks that live in van nuyes, it was just follow the leader, you are the dope on the rope of a day
Old 05-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #13
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
There was a guy taking pics when we were in Arkansas when we went over the mountain on highway 23. There's two 3 mile sections of tight turns. I did get a quick flash of nerves when I saw him.
Pig trail is awesome!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I think all the people standing there should STFU and get to steppin. Fuck that bullshit. And fuck those people.

The drivers suck but the fucking butt lickers yelling at everyone sure as shit don't help.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I think all the people standing there should STFU and get to steppin. Fuck that bullshit. And fuck those people.

The drivers suck but the fucking butt lickers yelling at everyone sure as shit don't help.
Totally dissagree with your assessment. Those people are up there, deal with it. Its the same as anyone on any corner or other cars driving in traffic watching a bike go by and yelling something, taking pictures.

Many people who go up there drive faster than what is legal, that is their choice, they need to accept responsibility for it, they also need to be prepared that anything can happen to you when you ride. And even more so when riding at their limits, including being yelled at or photographed. If they cant pay attention to the road ahead of them then they have no bussiness being on the road in the first place.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Totally dissagree with your assessment. Those people are up there, deal with it. Its the same as anyone on any corner or other cars driving in traffic watching a bike go by and yelling something, taking pictures.

Many people who go up there drive faster than what is legal, that is their choice, they need to accept responsibility for it, they also need to be prepared that anything can happen to you when you ride. And even more so when riding at their limits, including being yelled at or photographed. If they cant pay attention to the road ahead of them then they have no bussiness being on the road in the first place.

Right.

Though, I will tell you this, there is no way in hell I would stop up there and expect to not have my shit destroyed by a vehicle tripping through a corner. After some of the stuff I've seen at the track I have come to understand that cars defy the laws of physics when punting a corner. With their additional contact points compared to motorcycles they lose it in unpredictable directions whereas motorcycles are somewhat predictable where they will end up.

You want to stand in a corner on a volatile road and yell at people driving by? That's fine. But, THEY need to assume some of the responsibility when something punts their direction as well.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right.

Though, I will tell you this, there is no way in hell I would stop up there and expect to not have my shit destroyed by a vehicle tripping through a corner. After some of the stuff I've seen at the track I have come to understand that cars defy the laws of physics when punting a corner. With their additional contact points compared to motorcycles they lose it in unpredictable directions whereas motorcycles are somewhat predictable where they will end up.

You want to stand in a corner on a volatile road and yell at people driving by? That's fine. But, THEY need to assume some of the responsibility when something punts their direction as well.
yep. funny we were 4 wheeling on sport quads. we're not too shabby at speeds. I went around a nice loose sand corner topped out in 4th gear. guy decides to stand on the outside edge of the corner right at the midpoint. yeah looked like a tidal wave of sand going over him. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right.

To add to these guys:

Nobody got yelled at for staying in their lane. Only after the car is already being a fuckwad does anybody yell anything.

It's not like the distraction caused the fuck up, it is quite the opposite.

Last edited by shmike; 05-12-2011 at 01:24 PM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My point is them yelling at drivers who are already out of control and have life flashing before their eyes sure as hell aren't helping.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My point is them yelling at drivers who are already out of control and have life flashing before their eyes sure as hell aren't helping.

Fuckin' photogs.