Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
It's been about 3 wrecks and 3 technical difficulties, I think. At any rate, it's not helping him.

As far as Aprilia being better... probably not. But after his last race you can't blame him for showing Yamaha he's willing to play the field, either.
I agree tech problems aren't helping the issue. Running out of fuel? That is inexcusible.

I don't blame him for shopping.

I'd be shopping with Ducati and Suzuki but to think that Aprilia offers a better shot than Yamaha is a bit optimistic.

I'm sure BMW would hire him too.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I agree tech problems aren't helping the issue. Running out of fuel? That is inexcusible.

Especially in the last turn after fending off 2 Ducati's for the whole race. I can't imagine how upsetting that would be.

And I have no idea what happened to him in race 2 last weekend, but if I were his Chief Tech., I'd have been on a plane before Ben made it back to the paddock.

Quote:
I'd be shopping with Ducati and Suzuki but to think that Aprilia offers a better shot than Yamaha is a bit optimistic.

No kidding. He'd be insane on a Ducati, but I don't know if they'll have an opening next year with Haga's and Fabrizio's contracts? Do they run multi-year deals in WSBK?
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
You guys really think that Aprilia would offer less issues that he has had with the FACTORY Yamaha team?

For a 10% difference, I'd stick with Yammie. With the exposure and sponsorships I'd be willing to bet he could stay and still come out ahead.
the ape at least has kept its problems to superpole and qualification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea we agree on something. I could swear that I've heard that Biaggi is having problems with the bike. Quite frankly, if he wasn't why isn't he doing better in WSBK?
front end stability issues mostly (i think) but if you think about it ben is quite a bit taller than max, might not be as much of an issue for him since im sure he'd have more mass over the front wheel. my guess anyway. if this doesnt happen i wouldnt be at all surprised to see them snatch up johnny rea. kid has really been coming into his own in the last few races. def expecting big things out of him at donnington
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Especially in the last turn after fending off 2 Ducati's for the whole race. I can't imagine how upsetting that would be.

And I have no idea what happened to him in race 2 last weekend, but if I were his Chief Tech., I'd have been on a plane before Ben made it back to the paddock.

No kidding. He'd be insane on a Ducati, but I don't know if they'll have an opening next year with Haga's and Fabrizio's contracts? Do they run multi-year deals in WSBK?
his clutch gave out
TWF Post whore #6
Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I hear Kawasaki might have an opening...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
the ape at least has kept its problems to superpole and qualification.

front end stability issues mostly (i think) but if you think about it ben is quite a bit taller than max, might not be as much of an issue for him since im sure he'd have more mass over the front wheel. my guess anyway. if this doesnt happen i wouldnt be at all surprised to see them snatch up johnny rea. kid has really been coming into his own in the last few races. def expecting big things out of him at donnington
Yea no offense against Biaggi but he said the M1 was a piece of crap and Valentino won a MotoGp championship on it the next year... Maybe the right man in the saddle might make a difference....
Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:

That would be ideal for him.

But i'd hold on to the yami, or look for a zuk or duc ride for sure.
But like you said, i dont think duc has a spot for him just yet.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Yea no offense against Biaggi but he said the M1 was a piece of crap and Valentino won a MotoGp championship on it the next year... Maybe the right man in the saddle might make a difference....
i suppose the question ought to be has anyone else done well on the m1 besides rossi? and i would LOVE to see spies on a zx10 next year. even things out, thats for damn sure
TWF Post whore #6
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i suppose the question ought to be has anyone else done well on the m1 besides rossi? and i would LOVE to see spies on a zx10 next year. even things out, thats for damn sure

I thought Edwards did okay on it....
Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
shmike
Follower

Quote:
I thought Edwards did okay on it....
Yeah but that Lorenzo kid sucks.

Must be the bike.

POS
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote