Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
I hand wrote out Property Cards but only put the name of the property, (ie Minus Manor), the Martgage Value and Rent Amount. As for the Money, yeah, he took the Monopoly money, there just wasn't enough time (or coffee) to do that!
Good thing it wasn't Spellingopoly.

Quote:
You'll understand when you have kids!

Besides, I didn't do it ALL for him, just the Layout, and the Writing, and the Property Cards. He did everything else. He came up with the property names, Drew the different playground items, colored in all the blocks, Wrote out the Solve & Make cards, wrote out the Fractionopoly and hand wrote the Instruction Pamphlet.

I, I mean, HE better get an A!
The property names were very creative. Kudos to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
seans prego?
Can't be, I
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Moto: 05 1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

Can't be, I
I tried that to but since I'm so big, it poked through to the other canal
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
I tried that to but since I'm so big, it poked through to the other canal
So that's why Kyle is such a shithead?
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Moto: 05 1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
So that's why Kyle is such a shithead?
no, that's why Amber was so full of shit
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #15
VFR Rider
Ride Me Baby....

Moto: '05 FJR 1300A, '01 SV 650S, '86 Interceptor

Quote:
So when I finally crawled into bed last night at about 2 a.m., pleased with my, I mean his completed project, I thought "hmmmmm, not bad for last minute!" I better, eh hem, I mean HE better get an A!!!!!

Anyone else have last minute project success stories? Or ideas for the future??????
Yeah make your kid do their homework. While the game is gorgeous and deserves and "A" it also deserves and "F" because it was done by you and not your kid.

My son is famous for "last minute" project surprises. There was the essay on Lincoln, where he go so worked up crying that this was just too hard to do, that I made him go to bed and go to school without it.

There was the essay and poster board timeline on Galileo's life where I had to take him from his mom's during the week because he wasn't doing the work and we still ended up staying up until 3am the night before it was due so he could finish typing.

The only good news is that the last couple of projects he finally seems to be figuring out that it is easier to do it in pieces.
VFR Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR Rider View Post
Yeah make your kid do their homework. While the game is gorgeous and deserves and "A" it also deserves and "F" because it was done by you and not your kid.

My son is famous for "last minute" project surprises. There was the essay on Lincoln, where he go so worked up crying that this was just too hard to do, that I made him go to bed and go to school without it.

There was the essay and poster board timeline on Galileo's life where I had to take him from his mom's during the week because he wasn't doing the work and we still ended up staying up until 3am the night before it was due so he could finish typing.

The only good news is that the last couple of projects he finally seems to be figuring out that it is easier to do it in pieces.
Unfortunately, I never really learned that lesson completely... My parents wouldn't really help me with my stuff... other than proof-reading and yelling at me for waiting until the last minute... I never went to school without a project completed, but I damn sure went to school a number of times with zero sleep and a project that wasn't fully up to my potential... always scored well though...

There were a few good ones along the way... I did a report on the human brain my sophomore year in HS... I spent weeks with my mom's medical books, random periodicals, and other reference material... Fuckin' rocked that report... 100% baby! That was the highlight of being grounded for 6 months after being arrested...

All college works, besides a few extensive projects, were half-assed and last minute... never brought in anything less than a solid B. I guess that's probably why I never learned my lesson.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I got some Depth Drive For Ya

That is honestly Kickass...And I think its ok to help your Kids out...Letting them go witthout it completly and failing...I guess thats just not my style.