Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah to be honest... (I even posted a thread last year about it) I find my self shying away from most motorcyclists (really cruisers and sport bikers)because there are so many idiots out there. I ride my own ride, wave to all (that I see), but with the exception of with those of this forum... ride alone. I'll shoot the shit with anyone who comes up... but I don't initiate conversations anymore... the vast majority of them end with me thinking... fuck another idiot.

I have changed my tune a little when it comes to dualsport and Touring riders... cause lets be honest... no one rides a dual sport or tourer because it's sexy or looks bad ass! (even with a pink cock on it) so they're USUALLY a bit more focused on RIDING (though there are those that get DS's because they can be a hooligan bike and they're cheep in town transportation) but for the most part (in my limited experience since changing my stance) they seem to be sources of good conversation and stories...

but the mainstay of bikes down here are the stretched out busa's and cruisers... may be stereotyping... but I just don't go out of my way to talk to them... and interesting enough, they don't give me the time of day on the DRZ...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Nah. We Georgia folks just hate you New Jersey types.

The Loop is fun but in the summer time all the flip flop wearing douchebag stunting throttle jockeys from Atlanta come up along with the weekend warrior badass harley guys who get drunk in Helen (a fake German town) then cruise around and try to race those "ricer burners" through off camber torn up roadway sharp turns.

The real fun was when they first put the tar snakes down on GA60.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #13
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
The real fun was when they first put the tar snakes down on GA60.

I remember when this was the talk of the local boards for some time.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #14
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

People aren't trying to target you, it's just "traffic" and your a dot in comparison to a car.

You guys need to spend a few years in California splitting and sharing lanes with cars. We will realize that you only need 3 feet to clear cars. I constantly have people turning into my lane, panic braking etc. etc. You just move over and share the lane with the car. I do it so causually now that it doesn't bother me at all. Most cars just don't see you because you create a large blind spot or you're traveling much faster than the flow. Instead of trying to stop behind the car who panic stops, think of way to go around it. It is much easier on a bike to swerve, then to try to stop behind a car who locks up the brakes. Granted this takes alot of simple reactionary experience to go around it instead of stopping behind it.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote