Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
That's just insane.

This is the kinda crap the extremists latch onto to "protect us from ourselves" and try to get laws passed against us.

I can't help but think of my cop buddies how they're just people..I mean c'mon guys....think of Todd... most of you guys know HIM.....is HE the enemy?
The problem is its the assholes like these guys that make it worse for all motorcyclists because thats what the public and the cops will remember.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Are you a cop? That would explain that.
No, it just sounds like KKK/Black Panther propaganda... Because of the actions of a minority, we should treat the entire group as if they are all the same. For someone who makes wild attempts to appear enlightened on so many fronts, this is quite a short-sighted view.

This story seems pretty straightforward. Cop doing his job, punks giving everyone on two wheels a bad rep, cop crashes gets injured, and punk motherfuckers demonstrate that they are not just punks, but punks x 10^9 by TURNING around... not to see if the guy's alright (ie. being a decent human being) but rather to taunt the guy. Seriously, a fucking 5-year old knows right/wrong better than these fucking retards.

I call it like I see it - cop right/wrong... others right/wrong. This demonstrates the other side of the story - what drives cops to be dicks. Maybe for some it's a power trip and they are just fucking assholes... maybe for others it's the constant barrage of fucking stupidity and hate in general that gets spewed in their direction. There aren't very many jobs you have where you 1) deal directly with the lowest forms of human life on a daily basis, 2) are potentially walking into a bullet to the head every day you go to work, and 3) 90% of the general public fucking hates you regardless if you are doing a fucking impeccable job or you just beat Rodney King with a flashlight.

Bottom line... the vast majority of cops are good, hardworking middle class Americans like most of us. The general public and the media love nothing more than to shit upon them every chance they get - right or wrong. I've seen probably as many videos posted online about police brutality and power trips that were just ordinary people doing their job against extra ordinary stupidity as I have seen videos that show police in the wrong - and most of those are questionable.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Meh, too many cops shooting people's dogs in the last five minutes. They kinda lost my support. I don't know Todd, maybe he's a nice guy. If there were more like him, maybe there'd be less folks inclined to think like me.

Millions of cop interactions with dogs, drug dealers, innocent people, etc, etc... and it's the 5 videos people put on Youtube sells you that all cops are bad.

Quite a nice coat of wool you have there Av...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
The problem is its the assholes like these guys that make it worse for all motorcyclists because thats what the public and the cops will remember.
And then there's folks like me, who remember the bad behavior of the cops that do shit like shoot people's dogs...just the flipside of how a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch, huh?

Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
And then there's folks like me, who remember the bad behavior of the cops that do shit like shoot people's dogs...just the flipside of how a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch, huh?

Little different though in that this is a hobby, albeit a passionate one for us whereas this is a guys liveleyhood.

I may be a bit more pro cop than others here but seeing the shit that goes on in the shithole community I work in I gotta side wit hthem a bit more since theres a distinct possibility they may not make it home on a given night.

Sending a cop to the morgue is never a fun thing (or anyone for that matter) and have seen it done 4 times since I graduated and most of us kinda hope the skells who did it die a long painful death.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Little different though in that this is a hobby, albeit a passionate one for us whereas this is a guys liveleyhood.

I may be a bit more pro cop than others here but seeing the shit that goes on in the shithole community I work in I gotta side wit hthem a bit more since theres a distinct possibility they may not make it home on a given night.

Sending a cop to the morgue is never a fun thing (or anyone for that matter) and have seen it done 4 times since I graduated and most of us kinda hope the skells who did it die a long painful death.
Ever since I went to EMT school I have taken on a whole new respect for cops. As I mentioned in another thread, I have yet to see an ambulance pull up with someone doing chest compressions and that person doing them NOT be a cop. My first full cardiac arrest I asked for a cop to come in and help and that cop couldn't get into the ambulance fast enough despite we were looking at 20minutes of drive time (and 20 minutes of chest compressions sucks donkey balls).

And on top of that when a scene turns bad and we hear gunshots again, while we are in the ambulance administering to ourselves high-flow diesel (getting the fuck out), the cops are staying there and going in.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Ever since I went to EMT school I have taken on a whole new respect for cops. As I mentioned in another thread, I have yet to see an ambulance pull up with someone doing chest compressions and that person doing them NOT be a cop. My first full cardiac arrest I asked for a cop to come in and help and that cop couldn't get into the ambulance fast enough despite we were looking at 20minutes of drive time (and 20 minutes of chest compressions sucks donkey balls).

And on top of that when a scene turns bad and we hear gunshots again, while we are in the ambulance administering to ourselves high-flow diesel (getting the fuck out), the cops are staying there and going in.
The NYPD guys dont do much of that usualy the fdny guys come in first, but they seem to have a prety good relationship with the medics out this way and are usualy super cool with us in the ER. Som eof the medics are interesting, a bunch are extremely good/smart, then theres a few who think they are, theyre the dangerous ones but it seems the othe rmedics try to reel them in. Sometimes they will let em get ripped apart by one of us to teach em a lesson
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #18
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
The NYPD guys dont do much of that usualy the fdny guys come in first, but they seem to have a prety good relationship with the medics out this way and are usualy super cool with us in the ER. Som eof the medics are interesting, a bunch are extremely good/smart, then theres a few who think they are, theyre the dangerous ones but it seems the othe rmedics try to reel them in. Sometimes they will let em get ripped apart by one of us to teach em a lesson
FD rarely responds to anything in Savannah. Not even to an MVC rollover I went to. I much prefer PD on scene despite it's nice having a FF who knows how to operate a BVM properly.

I also think anyone in emergency medicine has to be somewhat fucked up in the head to do it. You also get the good and the bad all over. Doctors, nurses, EMTs, etc.

I got yelled at by a doc once when I was with a patient we picked up in full cardiac arrest (my 1st night on an ambulance). Some woman came in wanting info on the patient. I said "I don't know, family is enroute". She kept asking me the guys name and I said "Look, I don't know, you are going to have to ask someone else I just know the family is enroute". The doctor said "Okay people talking, shut up now damnit".

My favorite was watching the charge nurse bitch out some 1st year resident. The attendings were rolling laughing.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

Wow dude... you really are a fucking retard aren't you?

guess by your thought process that makes all the CF people fucking retards too...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #20
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
guess by your thought process that makes all the CF people fucking retards too...
Scary how true it is