Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Fags.

JC
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Everyone thinks it's someone else.

The canyon carvers think it's the stunters with their stupid wheelies, nonexistent blinkers / mirrors / etc and helmet mohawks.

The stunters think it's the Harley guys with their stupid loud exhausts and drinking stops.

The Harley guys think it's the canyon carvers with their Power Ranger suits and high speeds.

Everyone needs to look in the mirror and be courteous instead of pointing fingers.
I can agree with this.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I saw a "news" report on Kiro 7 (Seattle Station) about motorcycle riders. Thought it was going to be an interesting piece. First thing the cop says is how he'd get extra life insurance. Downhill from there.

I've seen a lot of stupid stuff done by all kinds.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:

The canyon carvers think it's the stunters with their stupid wheelies, nonexistent blinkers / mirrors / etc and helmet mohawks.

The stunters think it's the Harley guys with their stupid loud exhausts and drinking stops.

The Harley guys think it's the canyon carvers with their Power Ranger suits and high speeds.

Everyone needs to look in the mirror and be courteous instead of pointing fingers.

Agree. I would also add that stupid isn't mutually exclusive to 2 wheels.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
They have no idea what a 1%'er is.
Interesting:

"The term One Percenter is said to have been coined after an incident in Hollister, California in 1947 which was dubbed the Hollister Riot. Whether an actual riot occurred is debatable, but there was a motorcycle rally in Hollister from July 4 to July 6 of that year that was attended by about 4,000 people. Several newspaper articles were written that, according to some attendees, sensationalized the event. Life magazine ran an article that included a staged photo of a slovenly-looking man on a motorcycle with beer bottles piled under the wheels and a bottle in each of his hands. The film The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, was inspired by this event, and it became the first in a series of movies that depicted bikers and members of motorcycle clubs in this stereotypical manner. It has been reported that the press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment on the Hollister incident, and their response was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws. Thus was born the term "one percenter." The AMA now says they have no record of such a statement to the press, and call this story apocryphal."
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:

Well said. And quite true.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:

Very well said

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Funny thing is, when it comes to actual street racing, I see more cruiser/chopper guys doing it than sportbikes.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Funny thing is, when it comes to actual street racing, I see more cruiser/chopper guys doing it than sportbikes.
as do I

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #20
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:

Everyone who drives faster than me is a raving maniac.
Everyone who drives slower than me is an asshole.