Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
CasterTroy

Default just kinda sux

I’m not sure how long it’s supposed to take, or if anyone REALLY ever knows. For those of you who’ve experienced it, this is a plea to help me understand whats “normal” in this situation.

Some of you know what happened back in september, but for those that don’t I lost my best friend on an aggressive ride in the mountains. He overcooked a corner coming off a wheelie and slammed a tree; breaking his neck instantly.

While this, in and of itself, was traumatic enough to give me nightmares on a regular basis….thats not really whats bothering me.

What IS bothering me is the fact that Brian was pretty much my ONLY riding buddy. The ONE person I could call up on any given day and tell him I could ride and he’d be there…..or meet me anywhere and was willing to go any length of ride.

We did Daytona once a year, either the spring or biketoberfest. We rode distance on the BMW’s. We rode aggressively on sportbikes and on motards. We were perfectly matched skill-wise and bitch-wise (meaning neither of us would whine at 600 miles, but at 650 we were BOTH ready to stop for the day)

I don’t like groups (too many clowns and ricky racer wannabes) but I joined a few local group boards in an effort to find local riders.

I found several….but they’re all either kids or tools that; for whatever reason, feel the need to overcompensate for everything and just be total doushebags. I don’t mean to be harsh or an elitist, but no one I’ve met seems to have common sense, or skills or the personality that comes close to being similar to mine.

Now granted…I’m an oddball and the fact that Brian and I were so close in personality and nature, it’s a wonder we crossed paths to begin with…but dang. Surely theres SOMEONE natured somewhat like me out there?!?!?

I did a few track days, and got some time out there railing on the track to help me with the desired SKILL part…but I miss my friend and it’s killing me.

I hate to sound like some whiney bitch , but damn this is rough.

Does it fade?

Am I trying to FORCE something?

WTH?