Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
< pauldun170 >

Right now, I'm devoting a great deal of time and study to that problem. And I intend to issue a position paper on that. A position that is at once simple, yet complex, flexible, and above all else, fair to every American.

< / pauldun170 >
So it will be published in Spanish as well?

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

So in the last couple of days we've had:

- 'practise protests'

- a market robbed that turned into a high speed chase, crash, gunfire, and a foot chase in Toronto, a few blocks from here

- an earthquake

- a tornado that tore up a town north of here

... and the G8 folks start rolling in today. For some unknown reason they've cut a couple of ramps between major highways down from 3 lanes, to one. I found myself having to merge into a line of ten Ontario Provincial Police cruisers there, this morning.

I think that I'll carry my camera around for the next couple of days, just in case. The way that things are going I might just get to shoot the first alien landing, at Toronto City Hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
So it will be published in Spanish as well?
Of course. You must cater to your future masters.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #13
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE

No suprise on the rocks. Hopefully they will skip the school and only destroy the windows of "big business".
REMIX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
I think that I'll carry my camera around for the next couple of days, just in case. The way that things are going I might just get to shoot the first alien landing, at Toronto City Hall.
Would like to see some good protest beating photos
Old 06-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Apparently this guy had a RAMP strapped to the top of his car!

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

Police arrest man with weapon-laden car near G20 security zone

Web Staff, cp24.com
CP24 Breaking News

CP24 Breaking News

Police have arrested a 53-year-old man who allegedly drove near the G20 security zone with a car packed with weapons – including a crossbow and a chainsaw.

The man was arrested just after 1 p.m. near The Esplanade and Church Street by the Novotel hotel. A silver Hyundai was surrounded by police at the scene who reportedly unloaded a case on top of the car containing several weapons.

About an hour after the arrest, crews in shiny silver hazmat suits were investigating the scene.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Police have arrested a 53-year-old man who allegedly drove near the G20 security zone with a car packed with weapons – including a crossbow and a chainsaw.
Is there more to this story or does carrying a crossbow and a chainsaw truly constitute a "weapons laden car" in the GWN?!

Hell...that wouldn't even get you on the local news in LA.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #17
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

These days a bag of fertilizer is a weapon, no?

Today should be interesting. So far the protests have been peaceful, but the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty marches today. They have a history of destructive protests and clashes with police. They're led by John Clarke; an English ex-pat and general far-left fuckwad.

I think that, so far, the most disturbing thing about this week has been that every protest leader that I've heard interviewed has failed to denounce violence as a protest tactic, or has been evasive and answered that they denounced violence as a POLICE tactic during protests.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #18
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Today should be interesting. So far the protests have been peaceful, but the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty marches today. They have a history of destructive protests and clashes with police. They're led by John Clarke; an English ex-pat and general far-left fuckwad.

I think that, so far, the most disturbing thing about this week has been that every protest leader that I've heard interviewed has failed to denounce violence as a protest tactic, or has been evasive and answered that they denounced violence as a POLICE tactic during protests.
I'm not surprised. I suspect whatever they do is justified to them because they are doing something that "matters". It is amazing what people can talk themselves in to when they are running on ideological idealism.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:

Though without the violence they wouldn't even get 5 min worth of media coverage.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

OCAP should be starting their efforts to work up their protesters any time now. This is a map of the probable route that they'll be taking. Note the location of the "X", that is me. When I first ran this route through Google Maps, it ran their march right through campus and past my office.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Protest.jpg (155.8 KB, 0 views)