Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I actually enjoyed the Cal Rayborn and XRTT Team Obselete articles. The Bagger tests and Icon ads I could do without.

I was glad to see Aprilia offering a full blown WSBK replica for just 63,000. I would love to spank a Desmodici at a track day on one...Or own a club race.
For just 63k

it would be cool to see. I have seen a few desmodeccis and MV agustas at the track. Its fun passing them on my lowly under 10k gsxr

I had never heard of this company but a couple of the street bikes looked kinda cool.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Mine is already rotting in the bin... all harley content and no less than THIRTEEN consecutive pages of icon ads. I mean its no secret that rags like mc test with the almighty advertising dollar but this issue was so explicitly bad I was angry the greedy fuckers didn't fold a few twentys in with the renewal cards. I get it for free and I feel like they should pay me to read it
I had a free subscription... I'm glad its expired.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
For just 63k

it would be cool to see. I have seen a few desmodeccis and MV agustas at the track. Its fun passing them on my lowly under 10k gsxr

I had never heard of this company but a couple of the street bikes looked kinda cool.
Just $63,000 but it has the entire Aprilia race kit catalogue. From the 16.5 in wheels to all the kit engine internals. Compare that to a real WSBK bike or even the Desmodici and it is a bargain. I am certain I could have an American Superbike prepped GSXR1000 or R1 for close to that price so, for an off the shelf, it is pretty damn special.

And yeah, I have passed some pretty special bikes on my almost stockers too, so I can imagine what kind of awesome I could uncork with $63,000 worth of superman juice...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Just $63,000 but it has the entire Aprilia race kit catalogue. From the 16.5 in wheels to all the kit engine internals. Compare that to a real WSBK bike or even the Desmodici and it is a bargain. I am certain I could have an American Superbike prepped GSXR1000 or R1 for close to that price so, for an off the shelf, it is pretty damn special.

And yeah, I have passed some pretty special bikes on my almost stockers too, so I can imagine what kind of awesome I could uncork with $63,000 worth of superman juice...
Agreed, I would just be afraid I would wind up wadding it up. Be wandering th epits like anyone got a case cover for an 08 desmodecci prolly get my as sbeat with a breaker bar
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Damn...

How much for that supermoto?
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #16
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Except for the range those bikes have, the street tracker can only carry 2 gallons of gas, thier largest gas tank on the viking model can carry 2.5
Meh, as few consecutive miles as I've been logging the last few years, it's hardly an issue
Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Highand's gig wasnt building motorcycles, they were building custom made to order bikes with competition requirements in mind. If you wanted a 4.5 gallon tank all you do is ask...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote