Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Skinny white chicks in power suits with blackberry in one hand and cell phone in the other as well

Hell, this particular annoyance crosses all boundaries.
What he said. It's all people. The skinny white chick I have to deal with at the gym is always bragging to her "friends" in the locker room about what they did this last weekend (traveling, the gorgeous gym at the fancy hotel they stay in, etc.). She's not poor, just tacky, as evidenced by the horrific leopard print skirt my eyes were assaulted with this morning.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
What he said. It's all people. The skinny white chick I have to deal with at the gym is always bragging to her "friends" in the locker room about what they did this last weekend (traveling, the gorgeous gym at the fancy hotel they stay in, etc.). She's not poor, just tacky, as evidenced by the horrific leopard print skirt my eyes were assaulted with this morning.
2 things. First my headphones are on prety much at all times at the gym to avoid just these things, lots of suburban housewives when I go in the mornings or afternoon. 2 you need to move from rock music to thrash/death metal, it will drown out everything and when people hear you listening to it the tend to leave you alone
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
2 things. First my headphones are on prety much at all times at the gym to avoid just these things, lots of suburban housewives when I go in the mornings or afternoon. 2 you need to move from rock music to thrash/death metal, it will drown out everything and when people hear you listening to it the tend to leave you alone
I love my thrash and death metal, however since I already hate mornings, and I really dont like working out yet either (30 days to build a habit, I just broke the week mark), it might send me over the edge enough to actually try and kill someone for irritating me. Or just looking at me wrong. I think I scared the housewives with my big frightening tat this morning, they were giving me the wide berth with the sidelong glances.

As far as having it loud, I try to be considerate to other assholes. If I dont wanna hear them talk or their music, I try not to play mine so loud others cant hear anything but mine. On my Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to the Y, and I stay in the womens only gym. Listening to dude's breathing and grunting and generally sounding like they are taking a crap (which I hear at the base gym M,W,F) is just not so appealing. Unfortunately there, I cant listen to my trainer and my music. *sigh*
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #14
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Gawker suggested, not without a dose of sincerity, that the cops who removed Beard from the train were heroes, and that Beard should be charged with "unspeakable crimes against humanity and sentenced to life on some distant planet where there are no reception bars, ever."

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Do you guys use stuff like skullcandy, or over-the-ear headphones at the gym? I haven't found any earbuds that block noise as much as they claim to do.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
the chi
Forum Coach

My cat ate my skull candy ones, so I am currently using the apple ones that came with my phone. They are aight, but I dont really want total noise cancellation anyway.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Do you guys use stuff like skullcandy, or over-the-ear headphones at the gym? I haven't found any earbuds that block noise as much as they claim to do.
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

Not cheap.. but they work pretty well (I use the foam vs. the flanged attachments, doesn't hurt my ear canals as much). I use them on the bike and on planes.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Skullcandy's are the best headphones I ever owned... I think I paid $10 for them... The regular earbuds hurt my right ear, but those work great. Not noise cancelling, but they fit directly in your ear canal...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
I use Sony
Not sure about the model number but mine look exactly like these.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-AS40E.../dp/B00192A04E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #20
goof2
AMA Supersport

Up until recently I had a pair of these Sonys.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-Ex55-.../dp/B00155C5IY

They were light, with the smallest ear cushions (come with 3) they fit in my ears perfectly, and the sound was very good for the price. After 2-3 years one side stopped working intermittently, but I'm still happy with the purchase.

To replace them I was going to get an identical set, but instead I picked up some Klipsch from Best Buy on closeout (no longer on the BB website). They were around 70% off and highly rated on Cnet so I had to do it. The sound is marginally better than the Sonys but the fit sucks. Even with the smallest cushions they are way too big for my ears. I guess for better sound they went with a bigger driver, but that makes them too big for me. The cord is much better protected than it was on the Sonys so they should last longer but it is also much shorter. When I'm doing yardwork with my iPod in a pocket the cord can get pulled tight.

If I had to do it over again I would have bought another pair of the Sonys.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote