Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

View Poll Results: who's at fault
biker 19 67.86%
cage 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

The biker was at fault for the accident. No doubt.

However, the cager left the scene of an accident. BIG nono.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I clicked cage but becuase I'm choosing to say the cager was at fault for the GENERAL incident and not the specific accident.

It's hard to tell because we didn't see what happened before the pushing incident at the beginning. I know if someone were pushing me there's no way in hell that I wouldn't be calling the cops and getting that situation under control instead of just getting back on and riding away. Thought the biker did a good job of staying calm.

But then....he get stupid. At first I thought the cage was just going to ram him from behind. If I were the biker I'd be getting as far away from that car as possible. He was following WAY too closely, in the wrong lane position, and a whole host of other things. But I think he was doing that thing (and we've all done this at some point) where you're mad so you follow the person and give them THE GLARE just to show them how mad you are (or however that scenario plays out for you).

BOTH at fault for a lot of things!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
.. but it was the biker... the cage driver is a dick and needs his ass whooped... but the biker was at fault. I saw that brake check coming as soon as he pulled behind him.
I agree...biker at fault...cager is a prick...well they probably both are pricks.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Due to the video, the cager is at fault. He did it on purpose as there was nothing in front of him. It was pure road rage and nothing else. Then, he left the scene. Now, insurance may actually put it at "both at fault" and make them each pay for their own damage. A very similar situation happened when my step-mom was a claims adjuster. Two people got pissed at each other and the one in front did the exact same thing in this video. It worked out as I stated, "both at fault, each pays their own damage."
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Biker...Biker...Biker

Biker - Obstructing Traffic in the beginning of the video
Biker - Menacing by approaching the Cage driver
Biker - Tailgating

You tailgate...you take ownership.
the "brake check is irrelevant"

The guy could have braked check or made an emergency stop. It is the Biker fault. Don't know what led up to the video but since it's the biker who is in front I'm guessing it is the Biker who initiated the incident. Even if cager had been tailgating the biker it is still the biker fault because he could have moved over to let the guy pass but instead he stopped the bike to be a dick.

However he realized that riding a cruiser does not mean the "image" applies to you and got checked by the motorist.

Biker - FAIL
Biker - FAIL
Biker - F.A.I.L

I will not comment on the cager leaving the scene because the video does not provide evidence that he does. He could have pulled in to a parking lot (instead of just blocking traffic, he could have moved to a safe location to asses the damage and call police)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 01-07-2009 at 01:01 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #16
SCVetteNBusa
Almost Draggin that Knee

Moto: 05 Busa Gry/Blk

At first, I thought the biker tookout a gun from his waistband.

In CA, I'd have to say it's both... 50/50 (with video evidence and/or witnesses)

Without vid... the biker would be at fault for following too closely.

That's what happens when cool heads DON'T prevail... would put yourself against a car in any situation? Guess he didn't learn the "rule of lugnuts"?

My "modified" golden rule --- "Treat people the way they show you they want to be treated ... you can't ALWAYS be nice."
SCVetteNBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Neither of them should've been in that situation in the first place. The middle of a street is not a place to have an argument, much less a heated one. What happened before the video started playing? Something was going on, why would they be in the middle of the road arguing in the first place.

It's the bikers own fault for running into the back of the car, plain and simple. He let the car pass and get in front, he should've been expecting the cager to try something. Let a few more cars get between himself and the mitsu and everything would've been fine, add to that the simple fact that he was tailgating. The mitsu also tried a brake check before the one that landed him the bike, biker should've expected another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
i'm testing it right now. some lady cut across three lanes of traffic and i hit her on the left side of her car with the front of my bike and guess what...IT WAS HER FAULT . she got the ticket and my lawyer says this is a no brainer...i win, even though i technically made contact with her with the front of my bike into the back of her car
Didn't she run a red light?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #18
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Biker...Biker...Biker

Biker - Obstructing Traffic in the beginning of the video
Biker - Menacing by approaching the Cage driver
Biker - Tailgating

You tailgate...you take ownership.
the "brake check is irrelevant"

The guy could have braked check or made an emergency stop. It is the Biker fault. Don't know what led up to the video but since it's the biker who is in front I'm guessing it is the Biker who initiated the incident. Even if cager had been tailgating the biker it is still the biker fault because he could have moved over to let the guy pass but instead he stopped the bike to be a dick.

However he realized that riding a cruiser does not mean the "image" applies to you and got checked by the motorist.

Biker - FAIL
Biker - FAIL
Biker - F.A.I.L

I will not comment on the cager leaving the scene because the video does not provide evidence that he does. He could have pulled in to a parking lot (instead of just blocking traffic, he could have moved to a safe location to asses the damage and call police)
agreed. Biker is a dumb ass for being anywhere near a cage he just got in a fight with. 700lbs vs. 2000 pounds and the bike is going to lose no matter what, fault or not.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

there were both being idiots.

both.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
shmike
Follower

At least the rider was in FULL gear.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote