Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #251
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

If you think the rear end of the 2012 is nice... wait till you see the 2013, they look amazing!!

You see derf's #5 and my complaignt on the Challenger is the same thing. They just suck.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #252
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

On the Focus the switch is up near the sunroof
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #253
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
If you think the rear end of the 2012 is nice... wait till you see the 2013, they look amazing!!

You see derf's #5 and my complaignt on the Challenger is the same thing. They just suck.

I kept grabbing the window to slam the door shut. I also opened and closed the door as fast as I could to try and beat the little quick slide thing that it does, I never did make it though. But if I put my arm on the window sill, the window separates from the frame and lets air blow through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
On the Focus the switch is up near the sunroof
Like I said I touched everything that looked like it could move
Old 01-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #254
Homeslice
Elitist

Chevy HHR
This car has always confused me. I've never understood why anyone under 70 would want something that looks like a 1940's milk truck. And the funny thing is, even with its high roof, it does not offer good visibility, because the thick body pillars cause a lot of blind spots, and the windshield doesn't go high enough.

The one I rented was manufactured only 15 months ago in October 2010, and yet there were dime-sized flakes of paint that had come off the front end for no apparent reason. Maybe GM sets aside their factory defects for the rental agencies?

It rides smoothly enough on the highway. But on city streets at lower speeds, it had a trucklike ride over bumps, with a hollow clunking sound that seems to plague most GM FWD cars, and makes it sound like something is loose in the suspension.

The gauges were "ok" I guess, but the tach was too small. I guess they think that makes it look retro. But the worst thing about this car is the ACRES of hard plastic EVERYWHERE. It would take a whole BOTTLE of Armor-All to clean it every year. I guess since the car is so tall including the dash, they couldn't afford to use soft-touch materials.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-21-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #255
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Even though I had moocho problems with my HHR, they will still hold a special place for me...

And for being such a small vechicle/suv type thing...

this was a long dresser... we were able to close the rear hatch as well

a pair of storm doors for the house

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #256
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

My group rented an Impala while down in Miami. Had about 14,xxx on the odo. Idle seemed to be a tich high, and when you would apply throttle, the engine would bog down from the idle point with a grumble. It just didn't feel "right". Maybe it just needed some injector cleaner run through it.

Ride was smooth, steering was "grandpa car light", engine had good oomph for a v6. Interior trim level was middle of the road. Fake wood accents across the dash with nice looking black pleather. Seats were cloth. Back seat was big enough, and the trunk was massive. It felt very close to my old 02 Taurus.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #257
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Last year I rented a BMW 318i (diesel) while in Germany. The BEST seat warmers ever. Sorry for the blurry phone pics.

Fun on the autobahn.

Typical BMW-great seats and I finally figured out IDrive before it was time to leave. The proximity sensors were great as the roads and parking is really tight.

Great in snow too.

VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #258
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Got a 2011 mustang 6 cylinder. 305hp but otherwise basic. Nice car and it does scoot pretty well.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #259
Homeslice
Elitist

This was a couple years ago......Either Dollar or National, at the Detroit airport...... They gave me the keys to this, and when I saw what it was, I walked back to make sure it wasn't an employee's car. I mean it was like 2 years old, and had an aftermarket stereo in it. But, they told me it was fine, so I drove off in it.

The V6 was pretty decent, good torque..........Seats were very aggressive, nicely bolstered.......Gauges were good, climate control had a cool graphic of a person on it.........The exhaust was one of those fake dual systems.......Had a nice growl at idle, but became too loud above 70.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03494.JPG (93.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03495.JPG (69.2 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03483.JPG (49.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03484.JPG (47.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 06-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #260
Homeslice
Elitist

My car got T-boned a few days ago, and most likely totaled, so I've been driving a rental 2012 Impala LTZ. This thing is a barge, in the classic American tradition. Bigger than it needs to be, floaty on the highway, gets blown around by the wind due to soft shocks, and flat slippery seats that don't support. Reminds me of the old Caprice from the 90's. I didn't even think these types of cars existed anymore. Even a base Taurus handles better than this car.

I had to laugh at the 18 inch wheels that come with the LTZ "package". Why even bother with that overkill, when they're shod with cheap 50-series Eagle RSA's?

On the positive side, the drivetrain has a 300hp V6 with a 6-speed auto. This thing picks up and flies above 4000 rpm. And it sounds good doing so.

You can pick up one of these for cheap, so if interior space is your main priority, it could be a good deal. But handling better not be important to you.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-23-2012 at 04:00 PM..