Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #281
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Shit, my whore of an ex worked at Cygnus which is an upscale restaurant in Grand Rapids and that bitch would bring home hundreds of dollars a night...
Wide open.................... whore of an ex

But I'll leave it alone.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #282
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
But if you could pay taxes on half your income, wouldn't you?

It's not like they make 50k a year.
I know someone who works in a small restaurant and she does pretty good. So in some places they could be making 50000 a year.

Plus if they want to own anything big in life they need to claim it anyway. I know someone that had a mother that had her own business. She would get cute with her income to pay very little tax from what I hear. One day her car she had for many years dies. She goes to buy a new one (she makes good money) and could not buy that car because she doesn't claim enough. She screwed herself.

And its not for me to worry about. I tip with cash when I can but there was times I didn't have enough money to leave what I thought was a good tip in cash so I did it with debit.

Should I just have left the smaller cash tip?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #283
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
But if you could pay taxes on half your income, wouldn't you?

It's not like they make 50k a year.
And to answer your question. No I wouldn't. Unless I can do so and still claim it as income. With my detail shop I had many people offer to pay cash. I turned them down. I have things I want in life.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #284
Fleck750
Spiker bike

No. You make good points, but I would rather claim 20k a year and pocket the other 30k.

30k would buy a decent car, and properly stashed, you could retire sooner than you think.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #285
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

All I wanna know is if I can file the tips I give as donations when tax season comes around.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #286
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
And to answer your question. No I wouldn't. Unless I can do so and still claim it as income. With my detail shop I had many people offer to pay cash. I turned them down. I have things I want in life.

James
But it would be easier in life to pay cash for something than owe a 5 to 30 year loan on said object.

My mother was a hair dresser in our house for 20 years. My father was a postal employee. His income paid the mortgage, taxes and utilities. Hers paid for cars, clothes, food and everything else to raise 4 kids. She's 82 and has 250k in savings. So not paying the gov't their "fair" share, which they just give away, can result in a nest egg of substantial savings.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #287
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
No. You make good points, but I would rather claim 20k a year and pocket the other 30k.

30k would buy a decent car, and properly stashed, you could retire sooner than you think.
Wrong it just makes for a big headache later. If you have a business and the tax man comes looking for you then you have to be able to explain where your money came from. If you have a brand new car with no payments on it they are going to ask how you paid for it. If you are going to make payments on it you first have to make enough to afford the loan. Second you have to be bringing in enough to make the payments. You can't just take cash out of your stash and make the payments.

I heard of someone doing that. I heard they had a fun time trying to pay the tax bill they were given when the tax man came down on them.

I don't need that headache.

And I just don't want one car. I need to show money on paper. I want a new house. I want a boat and so on. In that case, cash isn't king.

James
Old 11-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #288
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
But it would be easier in life to pay cash for something than owe a 5 to 30 year loan on said object.

My mother was a hair dresser in our house for 20 years. My father was a postal employee. His income paid the mortgage, taxes and utilities. Hers paid for cars, clothes, food and everything else to raise 4 kids. She's 82 and has 250k in savings. So not paying the gov't their "fair" share, which they just give away, can result in a nest egg of substantial savings.
Like I said in my other post you have to have money to make the payments. Without your fathers income that wouldn't be possible. Plus if the tax man came in and checks things out, a car of any value can screw you up. If yo have a $15000+ car and you are just getting buy on your fathers income then they will want to know how you paid for it.

James
Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #289
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Shit, my whore of an ex worked at Cygnus which is an upscale restaurant in Grand Rapids and that bitch would bring home hundreds of dollars a night...
For hundreds a night I can tell you she wasn't only waitressing. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #290
Fleck750
Spiker bike

The barter system is alive and well. Know plenty of people who manage to have things that their income doesn't allow.

One of my mother's cars was "given" to her by a client. She did the ladies hair at her house for several years, she was wheelchair bound and didn't need her car anymore.