Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
230 feet? He MUST have been going well over 100mph. 21yo and on a Busa....

that's messed up but, i agree.
prob. riding well over his limits.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #22
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Night runs are bad for a lot of reasons. It's not something one should do lightly. I still can't believe fpzx made his first run at night.
we werent doing anything crazy that night, but yea, i agree. specially after the wet weather we were having earlier.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
we werent doing anything crazy that night, but yea, i agree. specially after the wet weather we were having earlier.
I started to get a little more serious about running at night when the cops first started coming up there all the time. Ya'll know about the velcro mounted helmeted flashlights. I quickly thought better of it and don't try to make hardly any night runs anymore. I don't really ride as much up there anymore and do most of my real hard riding on the track now. It's just not worth it, especially at night where you can not see a vehicle for hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #24
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

yeah the night runs are spooky for sure.. we did a back to back last year around 11pm and it was pitch black.. i was good following twisty until he got his bearings and started going faster than i cared to.. of course then it was my lone headlight and i was even more lost.. i was following his headlight when i was behind him and it gave me ample opportunity to see what was coming up..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #25
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

we ran the dragon a couple years ago at like 2-3 am and it was complete fog, i was ahead of nighthawk and it was like a cloud, i was in MC heavin and completly scared shitless, waiting for the droppoff from hell.....

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
we ran the dragon a couple years ago at like 2-3 am and it was complete fog, i was ahead of nighthawk and it was like a cloud, i was in MC heavin and completly scared shitless, waiting for the droppoff from hell.....
What is the point of this?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
dReWpY
RIP REX

was trying to tell a cliff notes version of this
Quote:
so after riding all day with jeeps, nighthawk, my gramps and my uncle we soon ran out of sun light and were about 3 hours from our camp site and on the other side of the gap, two of our riders decided to call it a night and stay the small town we had stopped for gas in, two decided screw that we can ride home, and jeeps was real close to home and just said his peace and left, night hawk and i started on our way to the campground and i cant remember if we got lost or what the deal was but it took longer then i remembered to get back, we pulled into the CRoT and took pictures, counted our blessing a few hail marrys later we got on our way up the dragon, this was my first night run, and what a night run it was, we would hit patches of fog that made even seeing the next 15 feet infront of you impossible, at one point i had pulled ahead of NH and didnt relize it until i was a good distance ahead, i stopped and pulled off and waited... and waited... and no lights, no sound for a good 5 mins, all of a sudden i could hear the bmw, no lights the fog was so thick, he was coming around the corner i got back in saddle and coninued threw the dragon with only limited visibility at best and pea soup at worst, lesson learned, never mess with a smoky dragon, in hindsite, it was fun and a story to tell but prolly woulda been safer to sleep at CRoT in the lot then play on the dragon

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:

Last edited by dReWpY; 04-29-2008 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Someone said it looked like a 7" wide 230ft black mark(Thats roughly 76 yards or 24 yards short of a football field). Just curious but how wide of a tire would you need for a 7" wide contact patch skid.

Someoen talked to the guys father and brother/cousin/etc. Said he got the Hayabusa for his 21st for a suprise from his father. Apparently his father and son did everything together. I'm guessing since they rode ATVs(As mentioned before) that the father felt he'd be fine on a Hayabusa or the bike his son drooled over.

But yeah I'm fairly inexperienced(Been riding since last July) and almost nailed a deer the other night. I was on the FRONT brake so hard I was doing an endo higher than I've ever done before. Never did I think "Rear Brake". I made a mistake by not shifting my weight back and pushing down on the pegs but the deer bolted out so fast I didn't have much time to react. I may have brushed the deers tail when going by.

And after a month of two or riding on my old SecaII I almost hit a deer and was on the brakes very hard. That time I did both front and rear brakes and never jabbed on them.\

Still a sad case but needs to be evaluated so others can learn from it.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #29
dReWpY
RIP REX

hearing about the rear brake makes alot more sense
being from the atv racing background we almost always use the rear to "steer" the bike, its first nature, makes a hellva 'lot more sense now, this is why its nice to come from the dirt, but its a whole 'nother beast

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

still even if he got on the rear brake that hard... locking it up... 74 fucking yards?! didn't think there was a stretch in the gap long enough to build up enough steem to lock up the rear for 74 fucking yards and still leave enough un spent energy to kill ya
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote