Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh and I agree that whether it's the I-Phone or any smart phone,you have to try out the different apps and programs for it!!!

A friend of mine got the HTC Touch from Altel ($100) and with the help of the internet, we've changed the crappy browser,changed the keyboard,installed a PS clone and we think we can get it to be WiFi (still working on that one...)
friggin awesome!

I thought this would be much more difficult than it was, I am thrilled at the results. the best part is, it doesnt affect any of my normal Iphone functions, and I can add apps to make the current ones better or take any current and use different ones. Hope urs is going as easily!

Theres so much to be said for a phone that you can do everything with! Being something of a toy junkie, I am wondering how I ever lived without the crap I can play with now! Sad, I know.

For those wondering, there are a plethora of games, every type imaginable to any user, internet access all the time (as long as you have service, but where is that an issue these days?), useful items like pda functions (calendar, reminders, etc), book apps (i no longer have to carry a book with me everywhere I go!) and so much more...the lists are endless!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
I almost picked up an iphone the other day because I need a new phone and I wouldn't like to try a new provider. Wasn't convinced it was worth the big price tag though.

Glad to hear it is going good so far. I would be interested on how it continues to operate.

Do it, you wont regret it!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 AM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I may just be getting an Iphone when I get back... I'll be due... but I'm with Verizon... that may change though too...

so what cool features are you opened up to now Rae?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I may just be getting an Iphone when I get back... I'll be due... but I'm with Verizon... that may change though too...

For the record you can get an unlocked I-Phone that will work on Verizon....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #25
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
For the record you can get an unlocked I-Phone that will work on Verizon....
Links? Ive always heard that because of the way that Verizons server was set up that it was one of the only carriers that you cant unlock it for.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Well,with the phone unlocked she will be opening herself to possible glitches,including freeze-ups and complete memory wipes. They set the phone up to operate at a level they can feel comfortable marketing without undo concern over functionality and repair. Something that Microsoft did not do with X-Box for example. They went the safe route. Especially considering that they went with ATT to be their sole carrier. At the time of the original I-Phone launch,ATT didn't have the bandwidth to accommodate all of the I-Phone's potential,so they limited what it could do to forestall the problems that can come from trying to "maximize" your system. Of course,they also want you to only be able to use their products and pay the fees that go along with them... Just as Buell would rather you only purchase Buell oil,parts,accessories,gear,etc for your bike.
I got ya.

Rae...does the internet access cost extra per month or is that now something you can tap into via wifi for free with this jail break?

And if you dont mind me asking...what do you pay per month for ATT service with the iPhone. I have ATT and the contract is up in 3 weeks...I've been thinking I'd switch to Verizon but I'd like and Iphone and it's easy to stay with ATT.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

Not sure yet, all kindsa stuff I havent had time to load yet, rest assured however, the possibilities look endless!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I got ya.

Rae...does the internet access cost extra per month or is that now something you can tap into via wifi for free with this jail break?

And if you dont mind me asking...what do you pay per month for ATT service with the iPhone. I have ATT and the contract is up in 3 weeks...I've been thinking I'd switch to Verizon but I'd like and Iphone and it's easy to stay with ATT.
Ok, the cool thing about the iphone is that for $30 a month (plus tax) you get unlimited internet access and the full package needed for optimal iphone usage. Then you add in whatever plan you want, with its features and your good to go! For me, since I am on a family share plan with someone else, I dont use any minutes and only need unlimted texting plus the iphone package, I am paying somewhere around $50-60 a month, versus the $100 a month to verizon for only minutes and unlimited texts...

FYI, iphones are only capable of SMS messaging, but by jailbreaking you can do MMS!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #28
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Not sure yet, all kindsa stuff I havent had time to load yet, rest assured however, the possibilities look endless!!!

Ok, the cool thing about the iphone is that for $30 a month (plus tax) you get unlimited internet access and the full package needed for optimal iphone usage. Then you add in whatever plan you want, with its features and your good to go! For me, since I am on a family share plan with someone else, I dont use any minutes and only need unlimted texting plus the iphone package, I am paying somewhere around $50-60 a month, versus the $100 a month to verizon for only minutes and unlimited texts...

FYI, iphones are only capable of SMS messaging, but by jailbreaking you can do MMS!
My wife and I are on the same plan...mine being the primary phone. We are currently paying 90 to 100 dollars a month on two shitty phones. We've got something like 5000 minutes to share between us...and obviously we dont come anywhere close to using them...Since calls to other ATT customers are free.

So we could probly get away with a much cheaper plan and at the end of the day pay about the same or less with an Iphone.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #29
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My wife and I are on the same plan...mine being the primary phone. We are currently paying 90 to 100 dollars a month on two shitty phones. We've got something like 5000 minutes to share between us...and obviously we dont come anywhere close to using them...Since calls to other ATT customers are free.

So we could probly get away with a much cheaper plan and at the end of the day pay about the same or less with an Iphone.

The person I joined up with is actually SAVING money. They went from the Blackberry plan to the iphone as well, kept the same minutes and other than adding me, will save around 20-30 a month.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
The person I joined up with is actually SAVING money. They went from the Blackberry plan to the iphone as well, kept the same minutes and other than adding me, will save around 20-30 a month.
I'm gonna look into it...but I doubt I'll actually go with it. I don't make iPhone money.

Quote: