Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
both, there is no need to eat this way, I do because it's delicious
The latter has the former as a lesser, included item. I anticipated your response

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

there is a difference between killing and torturing.....I eat meat, i have no problem with hunting for sport or food. Torturing something is completely different to me. You kill something quickly as possible you don't let it suffer for no reason.

If you shot a deer and it was on the ground but alive would you wait an hour until it died or do you put it out of it's misery and go on?

that's the debate - obviously the penalty for this should not equal that of killing a person.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
there is a difference between killing and torturing.....I eat meat, i have no problem with hunting for sport or food. Torturing something is completely different to me. You kill something quickly as possible you don't let it suffer for no reason.

If you shot a deer and it was on the ground but alive would you wait an hour until it died or do you put it out of it's misery and go on?

that's the debate - obviously the penalty for this should not equal that of killing a person.
You ever bow hunt? It's not the most clean type of hunting. Basically the animal will die when it bleeds itself to death and you follow the trail to it. It's not a quick clean kill and you don't plunk a second arrow into it to make it quick. You can hit the animal and it sometimes doesn't die immediately and eventually will succomb to something like disease or infection at a later date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #24
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
You ever bow hunt? It's not the most clean type of hunting. Basically the animal will die when it bleeds itself to death and you follow the trail to it. It's not a quick clean kill and you don't plunk a second arrow into it to make it quick. You can hit the animal and it sometimes doesn't die immediately and eventually will succomb to something like disease or infection at a later date.
No, it certainly isn't, but the difficulty of making the shot is much higher and bow hunting doesn't typically attract the sort of people who would walk away from an animal after hitting it. The ones I know would spend a day looking for the animal if they didn't make a kill shot, because they couldn't stand the idea of it suffering over a long term. They also eat what they kill.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Or the deer can go down in less than 5 seconds from being hit... same as a bullet, if you don't hit it right is wont die immediately or ever for that matter. And a lot of bow hunters carry a side arm just for this very reason, to put the deer out of it's misery if it's still alive. Another method is, if the deer is incapacitated and not dead, you can slit their throat to make them bleed out quicker.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
No, it certainly isn't, but the difficulty of making the shot is much higher and bow hunting doesn't typically attract the sort of people who would walk away from an animal after hitting it. The ones I know would spend a day looking for the animal if they didn't make a kill shot, because they couldn't stand the idea of it suffering over a long term. They also eat what they kill.
You don't always eat what you kill and the kill rate for deer is a lot lower when bow hunting. It's not a rare occassion to have one slip away from you.

Also the eat what you kill thing isn't always true for some people. People get offended to find out some cultures kill monkeys at the table and eat their brains or that they eat dog.

All this comes down to is killing a kitten isn't a serious crime to warrant the death penalty. Basically it's no worse than killing a neighbors cow and warrant the same penalty.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #27
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
All this comes down to is killing a kitten isn't a serious crime to warrant the death penalty. Basically it's no worse than killing a neighbors cow and warrant the same penalty.
While that may be true, her intent was to cause someone else a great deal of emotional harm, and that should be taken into consideration, because it's not the same thing as killing a cow at the farm. Not even close.

Bitch put my cat in an oven? I'm going to jail, and I'd deserve it for taking the law into my own hands.

JC
Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Have you looked into the penalties for killing someone else's livestock lately?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Have you looked into the penalties for killing someone else's livestock lately?
yeah, depends on how much that means to the economy of that state, it's not execution. A lot of it is just replacing the animal.
Quote:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
yeah, depends on how much that means to the economy of that state, it's not execution. A lot of it is just replacing the animal.
And in the dairy belt it can result in hefty fines, or potential jail time.

I take it all back to one simple point, that has been found in study after study; serial killers almost universally started out by doing this sort of thing to animals, for kicks.