Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

As long as you see it thats all that matters. It was that same in my house mom signed after they both looked it over and talked to me about it. Same as in my house now with my little ones. I don't really care one way or the other who signs it, I know I am gonna be there to keep my thumb (Fatherly Influence - if you know what I mean) on the back of their head to keep the schoolwork a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
ehh I don't understand why it's a big deal for either of you to sign it... just as long as you both SEE it. The whole point is that you know how your kid is progressing in school... not who's mark is going to be left on your kid's transcripts...

again, I'm no parent... but I'd say fuck it... give the bitch what she wants... again... as long as you SEE it. Pick your battles...
COMPLETE TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I think your both retarded. Her because she's female. You because your trying to reason with a woman (inherently retarded), instead of telling her who the fucking man is, and how shits gonna run with your daughter.

I was drinking with a friend not long ago, while he complained about his divorce. I was getting fed up, because frankly, I dont give a shit about his problems, i've generally got my own to deal with. Anyway, he was like 'If she wasnt such a bitch, I might still be married'... So, I said 'Ya, you and ten million other men, fuckhead, now stop crying, its making me fucking uncomfortable'. He didnt like that, but fuck him. We all knew she was a bitch before they were married, so there was no reason for him not to see it. If love is blind, people shouldnt fall in love. And instead of having more kids, this time with the woman you cheated on your baby mama with, you should have maybe opened your fucking eyes, grow the fuck up, and realize what life as a divorced dad is gonna be like before you make more fucking dumb decisions. I explained this to him in detail, even harsher then i've typed.

Sorry for the rant.. Divorced people are starting to make my fucking stomach turn. And the more of my friends that get married, the more divorced friends I eventually have.
Brutal but TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I echo what everybody said. Let it go, and just tell her you just want to show that you are "in the game" with your daughter. That you don't want to be on the side line or even appear that you're on the side line.

And I agree. Talk to your daughter. With your copy. Tell her how proud you are of her, but let her see the report card.

Maybe even print it out and frame it. With some "Great Job" signs in front of it in the frame. Put it on the wall. Tell her, that everytime she gets a good report card, you'll replace it on the wall. Something she can look at. Maybe put it by the front door. You'll see it on your way out the door, going to work and whatever. Remind you why you do what you do. How much she's worth all the hassle with her mom and having to work. Good for her, good for you. Make it a big deal with her.
Gas, What the hell are you talking about? If you make every report card such a big deal then it just numbs the brain IMHO. I just make sure that the grades are up to the standards that the child is capable of attaining and either push for improvement or encourage the good performance with a nice little treat. Always make sure that the child understands that they're going to school is equivalent to your going to work everyday. My son's Kindergarten teacher has explained to her class to say, "school is my job."

Just let this one slide, bud. Women are evil. Just let this one slide, take the high road, be the better man, what ever you want to call it. It just isn't worth fighting over it will only get you stressed and fuming for a non-issue.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #22
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay, I thought that we've been over this already... Avery, you're a good man and an outstanding father but until you stop playing these stupid games with these bitches, you will never be happy. I guarantee it. The more important you make these petty issues, the more she will use them to hurt you. You can not "win" this type of fight. The report card comes to her, in her name(probably), to her house. Quite frankly, you're lucky that she even took the time to email it to you.

You have got to learn to pick your battles. Do you not get time with your daughter? Are you not a significant part of her life? Does your daughter know that her daddy loves her? Is your daughter healthy, happy, and being taken care of? THESE are the important things that you need to focus on. Leave the petty bull crap to her. STOP PLAYING HER GAMES!!! I'm sorry but you are sounding just like a bitch, probably exactly the way she sounds. The time you are WASTING arguing about the minute, insignificant, scraps of your daughter's life, is time that would have been better spent talking to your daughter, playing with her, etc. Sit down and decide RIGHT NOW if this is the way you want your life to be for the next 13 or so years. Fighting with this cunt over what color socks your daughter wears, if you pick her up at 4 vs 4:15 or what cereal she eats in the morning.

Trust me Avery, until you get a handle on this situation and find some way to smooth this relationship out. You will never be able to move on with your own life... I honestly applaud your commitment to your child but you need to be happy as well. Come on man, seriously take a step back and honestly and objectively evaluate this present "dilemma". Is it REALLY all that important who signs a kid in kindergarten's report card? Really? BTW I was wondering if it isn't possible to have the school send out a copy of her report card to each of you?
true words spoken..... Real talk!!!!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Just remembered I wanted to comment on this...

The report card actually gets sent home with the child. They came out Friday, which was my "weekend night" to have my daughter this weekend. Her mom left work early so she could get to school before I picked up my daughter, simply because she wanted to get the report card and didn't want me to see it first. And rather than take my daughter home and have me pick her up at her house, she left her in after school care for me to pick her up after I got off work. She just wanted the report card.

And to other people... I never married this woman. I saw she was nuts early on, but a little too late, and decided I didn't want to be with her. I love my daughter very much and want to be a huge part of her life, but just wish she had a different mother.

ah I see... Well, she's a crazy bitch who is only out to hurt you. This only illustrates what I told you before. You need to quit handing her bricks to throw at you. You must have made it known to her how important this whole report card thing is to you to motivate her to go to all that trouble to beat you to it. Step out of the situation and realize how silly that is. Besides, doesn't she sign the original and send it back, leaving you both with copies? Stop fighting with her about it. I don't know her but without more motivation from you, she'll tire of this game and if you keep picking your daughter up on "report card day" you'll probably end up with the damn thing anyway. Crazy or not, it's hard to fight without an opponent.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
And to other people... I never married this woman. I saw she was nuts early on, but a little too late, and decided I didn't want to be with her. I love my daughter very much and want to be a huge part of her life, but just wish she had a different mother.
So in what world was it smart to cum inside her before you knew if she was crazy or not (she is, she's female)?

Seriously, im sorry if I sound harsh, but im seeing way too much of this, and too much complaining about it. Men knock up a woman that they dont know, or even already hate, and then wonder why they have such bad luck.

It seems pretty black and white to me, but I have no kids, and a pack of condoms.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
So in what world was it smart to cum inside her before you knew if she was crazy or not (she is, she's female)?

Seriously, im sorry if I sound harsh, but im seeing way too much of this, and too much complaining about it. Men knock up a woman that they dont know, or even already hate, and then wonder why they have such bad luck.

It seems pretty black and white to me, but I have no kids, and a pack of condoms.
Ummm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbjw27QPJQ

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...e-pre-approved
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Of all battles to fight, this is one I'd skip, it's petty in my opinion. A power struggle with no gain at the end of it to even be worthwhile. A signature on a card does not show or prove how involved or committed to their child a parent is, not saying that is your intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #27
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Apoc FTW

There are much bigger battles to fight. If she were trying to totally restrict your seeing the report card, that's one thing... Don't sweat the small stuff, you just give the other side ammunition.

Last edited by Particle Man; 10-30-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 AM   #28
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
ah I see... Well, she's a crazy bitch who is only out to hurt you. This only illustrates what I told you before. You need to quit handing her bricks to throw at you. You must have made it known to her how important this whole report card thing is to you to motivate her to go to all that trouble to beat you to it. Step out of the situation and realize how silly that is. Besides, doesn't she sign the original and send it back, leaving you both with copies? Stop fighting with her about it. I don't know her but without more motivation from you, she'll tire of this game and if you keep picking your daughter up on "report card day" you'll probably end up with the damn thing anyway. Crazy or not, it's hard to fight without an opponent.
Actually, I never said word one about the report card before-hand. I didn't even know about it until it got e-mailed to me. I replied to her e-mail and asked her to bring it with her when she picked up my daughter so I could sign it. She said she already signed it, I said that's fine, I'd just like to sign it too because of the "parental goals." She said I couldn't sign it, I asked why, and that's when I got the e-mail I posted and when I found out she went to school early to pick it up.

But yeah, I know you're right and I'm going to do my damndest to just say "whatever" to all of her bullshit.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:36 AM   #29
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Concentrate on your relationship with the kid. Fuck her.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #30
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Fuck her.
Pretty sure that ship has sailed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote