Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #21
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

I can respect that. Just not my style.. I actually like the functionality of something to be the main consideration in it's design, that looks appealing to me.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Another place that blows me away with their Art Deco / Aero-inspired functional art pieces is this joint, also previously on TV:

http://www.motoart.com/
Old 11-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #23
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

I love anything made from metals and glass, they have some awesome stuff.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I'd get one and tune it to the local PBS b&w movie station.

That would be badass. If I had room, I'd be all over this.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #25
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Ok, I understand that you like these tv's for their "Artistic flare." However, I am more of a function over form kind of guy. Here is something that I think is very cool looking and would be proud to show this piece in my home. http://www.willudesign.com/TheDeskTop.html

As I said more function over form. This works and looks very cool

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #26
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

That would look like shit in the living room.

Where's the "Art" part? Oh wait, there is none.

It's pretty fucking clear you completely missed the point, son.

Nobody is more form-follows-function than I am, so much so that even my Art (where the function IS the form) usually still has a mechanical function component nonetheless. That was the point of this thread.

I don't know why it seems to be such a hard concept to grasp, but this is not something for the media room, or to serve as a primary TV viewing area; this is something that you could perhaps even put where a TV wouldn't even be normally appropriate, since it's Art first, function second.

It's just a cool fucking Deco piece.

Your house must be fucking boring as shit, dude.

You don't have any random cool shit? I have an industrial fucking Coke vending machine in my Florida room.

Last edited by Avatard; 11-10-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #27
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
That would look like shit in the living room.

Where's the "Art" part? Oh wait, there is none.

It's pretty fucking clear you completely missed the point, son.

Nobody is more form-follows-function than I am, so much so that even my Art (where the function IS the form) usually still has a mechanical function component nonetheless. That was the point of this thread.

I don't know why it seems to be such a hard concept to grasp, but this is not something for the media room, or to serve as a primary TV viewing area; this is something that you could perhaps even put where a TV wouldn't even be normally appropriate, since it's Art first, function second.

It's just a cool fucking Deco piece.

Your house must be fucking boring as shit, dude.

You don't have any random cool shit? I have an industrial fucking Coke vending machine in my Florida room.
Well, I must not be as rich and lavish as you then. You must have a ton of space to waste on what "YOU" call art. I have a form over function as a reason of space as well. I don't think that you get he point of form "AND" function with that sorry, tired old tube type tv. It's a waste of space. Picture quality probably SUCKS, as all tube type TV's from the 50's-70's did. And it would really only serve as a show piece for you to attempt to impress your hoity-toity friends.
Wow, you have an industrial piece of crap coke machine!!! I have this cool thing called a refrigerator to keep my coke cold and it stays in my kitchen. I have a functional house not one that wastes space on a "Industrial Coke Machine" WHOA, I am so IMPRESSED THat you have to have CRAP like that to impress your friends is laughable. I would have thought that a person that spends so much time on a motorcycle forum would be more into bikes and be out riding rather than sitting around trying to find stuff to fill in your sorry existence. If I am not at work, I am riding or with the kids or on the computer. I don't sit around trying to see what POS I can fill that empty bit of wall space with.
And, boy did I think I was easy to spin up. You are getting so wrapped up over something so simple. You are so easy to anger and get riled up over nothing at all really. Well, I hope that you have a good day and don't get too mad when you see that I could really give two turds about your craptastic "Industrial Coke Machine." No really impress me some more with something else you have mindlessly wasted your time and money on "Decorating" your house with.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #28
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
I think it's probably mostly appealing to people who have actually seen a television set like that.
I haven't seen a real one in it's hay day, I'm too young. YEA I can still say that sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
I can respect that. Just not my style.. I actually like the functionality of something to be the main consideration in it's design, that looks appealing to me.
I can see both sides of the coin. Like I said, if they had a LCD display in there I think it would be the cats ass and would bring in those types that have to have the function over the form. Cause then it's function would rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Ok, I understand that you like these tv's for their "Artistic flare." However, I am more of a function over form kind of guy. Here is something that I think is very cool looking and would be proud to show this piece in my home. http://www.willudesign.com/TheDeskTop.html

As I said more function over form. This works and looks very cool
That's some cool shit too. You have to understand mr cave, that some people are into art. They may spend $900 on a painting that you concieve as nothing better than a wall covering from Target or Walmart for $30. You don't have the eye for it, that's all. For me... I would totally do more art type stuff in my home. I prefer more engineering art, but the deco stuff is cool too. I like the harshness of the cold lines in some of those items Avatard link a few posts back. The play with metal for function all while looking super cool. But then again, I degress.... I spend too much money every where else to be cool enough to own such.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #29
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Well, I must not be as rich and lavish as you then. You must have a ton of space to waste on what "YOU" call art. I have a form over function as a reason of space as well. I don't think that you get he point of form "AND" function with that sorry, tired old tube type tv. It's a waste of space. Picture quality probably SUCKS, as all tube type TV's from the 50's-70's did. And it would really only serve as a show piece for you to attempt to impress your hoity-toity friends.
Wow, you have an industrial piece of crap coke machine!!! I have this cool thing called a refrigerator to keep my coke cold and it stays in my kitchen. I have a functional house not one that wastes space on a "Industrial Coke Machine" WHOA, I am so IMPRESSED THat you have to have CRAP like that to impress your friends is laughable. I would have thought that a person that spends so much time on a motorcycle forum would be more into bikes and be out riding rather than sitting around trying to find stuff to fill in your sorry existence. If I am not at work, I am riding or with the kids or on the computer. I don't sit around trying to see what POS I can fill that empty bit of wall space with.
And, boy did I think I was easy to spin up. You are getting so wrapped up over something so simple. You are so easy to anger and get riled up over nothing at all really. Well, I hope that you have a good day and don't get too mad when you see that I could really give two turds about your craptastic "Industrial Coke Machine." No really impress me some more with something else you have mindlessly wasted your time and money on "Decorating" your house with.
Wow dude, that's a bit much, no?

The machine didn't cost much, I didn't get it to impress friends.

I got it because it keeps cans cold (makes room in my fridge for other shit) and looks fucking cool.

You have issues.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #30
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Dude is a serious hater. I'm starting to think his life really sucks. That and he really hates sea gulls.