Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
might as well get a minivan, you're gonna have more then 1................kekeke

make sure a baby seat will fit in there backwards w/ you and her in your driving position.
Good point about the car seat. But it should be in the center or on the passenger side anyway. But its a good idea to test out the suvs with both of you sitting in the front seats to see what you have for rear car seat and leg room. Also look in the rear. A full size stroller takes up a lot of space so if you know anyone that has one take that with you and put it in the back to see how much space it will take up.

In a short wheel base van a stroller can take up half of the available space if it will even fit without moving the rear seat. In a long wheel base one you have all kinds of room. Check out those things and you will save yourself a headache later.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Tom..you live on the Island now. No need to for awd or 4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #23
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

At the same price point you have the Kia and Hyundai lines which have a superior service culture and are IMHO better appointed
Oh and from my view point the added benefit of having not been made by the UAW.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #24
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Good point about the car seat. But it should be in the center or on the passenger side anyway. But its a good idea to test out the suvs with both of you sitting in the front seats to see what you have for rear car seat and leg room. Also look in the rear. A full size stroller takes up a lot of space so if you know anyone that has one take that with you and put it in the back to see how much space it will take up.

In a short wheel base van a stroller can take up half of the available space if it will even fit without moving the rear seat. In a long wheel base one you have all kinds of room. Check out those things and you will save yourself a headache later.

James
ed here

and i made the other post too

i bet he ends up having more then 1 kid, in a short time, he'll have 2 car seats, while 1 maybe forward facing at the time 1 will be rear facing, i would bet putting the rear face in the middle and a ft facing right next to it won't work, so he'll have to put them behind the driver and passenger. then space will be an issue.

and babies take up alot of space.
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Tom..you live on the Island now. No need to for awd or 4wd.
Agreed, I never felt I needed all that anyway. my accord does better in the snow than the santa fe does anyway. I just want to make sure it has alittle oomph to it for the fewer track days i will be doing, and then for carrying all the "stuff" we will soon be accumulating. I still have the trailer too so maybe I can attatch the car seat to that for when he starts getting on my nerves. he will like the wind blowing through his hair.

prolly some time in late sept/early oct we will start test riding a few and get a feel for prices and whats there for financing then maybe pull the trigger on something.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
ed here

and i made the other post too

i bet he ends up having more then 1 kid, in a short time, he'll have 2 car seats, while 1 maybe forward facing at the time 1 will be rear facing, i would bet putting the rear face in the middle and a ft facing right next to it won't work, so he'll have to put them behind the driver and passenger. then space will be an issue.

and babies take up alot of space.
Your forgetting I have two myself. If you have one they say middle is best (but I haven't seen a car that had a seat design that works perfect with a car seat in that location) so in that case they say put the one child on the curb side.

I also remember them saying that the youngest should be on the curb side. Sometimes they are more work to get out and its best not to do it in traffic.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 08-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #27
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Agreed, I never felt I needed all that anyway. my accord does better in the snow than the santa fe does anyway. I just want to make sure it has alittle oomph to it for the fewer track days i will be doing, and then for carrying all the "stuff" we will soon be accumulating. I still have the trailer too so maybe I can attatch the car seat to that for when he starts getting on my nerves. he will like the wind blowing through his hair.

prolly some time in late sept/early oct we will start test riding a few and get a feel for prices and whats there for financing then maybe pull the trigger on something.
Thats the best bet. Test drive anyone your half interested in and then see what feels best to you. I remember being at a car show and I sat in a Land Rover which I like but my step father felt cramped in the drivers seat. We sat in something different and I was still good but like the Land Rover better, but he was in heaven in that seat.

James
Old 08-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Thats the best bet. Test drive anyone your half interested in and then see what feels best to you. I remember being at a car show and I sat in a Land Rover which I like but my step father felt cramped in the drivers seat. We sat in something different and I was still good but like the Land Rover better, but he was in heaven in that seat.

James
For me its doubly important since I am 6'4, and some cars are much better than others with leg and headroom. Oddly enough when I bough tthe accord in 2000 the jappanese cars had more space than most of hte american cars I sat in.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
nissan murano. We just took one out to Boston and back. 1400 miles each way. With 3 people, we were more than comfortable, the ride is smooth, and the engine has plenty of power. And they look better than most SUVs, imo.
Agreed, and handle better too.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #30
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
For me its doubly important since I am 6'4, and some cars are much better than others with leg and headroom. Oddly enough when I bough tthe accord in 2000 the jappanese cars had more space than most of hte american cars I sat in.
6'4 all torso or all Leg?

Wife has that problem (therefore I have that problem) since she's 6'2 all leg.

You buying new or used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote