Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #31
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hmm I'm not familiar with Audi's product line... I used to have an Alfa Romero that I loved! What a great car! Heck, I'd love to have another Opel Manta Gt! Shit, without a price range, there are literally dozens, perhaps hundreds of choices!
You had an Opel Manta GT? Damn you ARE old.
Actually I have respect for that, those were pretty cool cars --- but I bet yours wasn't anything like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Galleri7.jpg (92.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Manta_galleri4.jpg (80.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Galleri18.jpg (109.0 KB, 81 views)
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #32
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

2009 Cobalt SS.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #33
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

You guys/gals are too much.

As far as price, I'm poooooooor and need something that I can swap straight up for. I realize that limits me pretty badly, but is still doable. I guess I should have called it something else other than "sports car", maybe a sporty all around, 4 seater with turbo that handles and runs like hell!! lol I really don't know what I want. Acura's are very high on the list, the RX-7's would be if I could get one that had an awesome engine in it that I knew would be reliable. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the mid '90's M3's. Those things just looked awesome to me back in the day and still do when I see a nice one. The Miata is out.......simply no room in them for me. I gave some thought to the Mini today and to be honest, I don't know much about them so I can't totally rule one out but am sure that they are out of price range. I could deal with something American, but I am Asian at heart.

I used to work for Mitsubishi back in the mid 90's and I have trouble understanding where all the hate for the Eclipse/Talon comes from. Those are some killer running cars, and not hard to work on either. Lots of aftermarket support and plenty of used stuff floating around to be had cheap. The Starion/Conquest would be on the list if they were more plentiful and not ran all to hell already. I actually would love to have one of these. The Cobalt is a formidable ride if built. You can't really call the engine American though, as Saab, GM and a handfull of others were in on the design and engineering of it.

Maybe I'm shooting for the stars here...........maybe not.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
You guys/gals are too much.

As far as price, I'm poooooooor and need something that I can swap straight up for. I realize that limits me pretty badly, but is still doable. I guess I should have called it something else other than "sports car", maybe a sporty all around, 4 seater with turbo that handles and runs like hell!! lol I really don't know what I want. Acura's are very high on the list, the RX-7's would be if I could get one that had an awesome engine in it that I knew would be reliable. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the mid '90's M3's. Those things just looked awesome to me back in the day and still do when I see a nice one. The Miata is out.......simply no room in them for me. I gave some thought to the Mini today and to be honest, I don't know much about them so I can't totally rule one out but am sure that they are out of price range. I could deal with something American, but I am Asian at heart.

I used to work for Mitsubishi back in the mid 90's and I have trouble understanding where all the hate for the Eclipse/Talon comes from. Those are some killer running cars, and not hard to work on either. Lots of aftermarket support and plenty of used stuff floating around to be had cheap. The Starion/Conquest would be on the list if they were more plentiful and not ran all to hell already. I actually would love to have one of these. The Cobalt is a formidable ride if built. You can't really call the engine American though, as Saab, GM and a handfull of others were in on the design and engineering of it.

Maybe I'm shooting for the stars here...........maybe not.
My best friend had a conquest, cool car but a pain in the ass to maintain, for him anyway...

Don't look at me, my first thought was a Talon. They're cheap, I got one for $2500 when it was only 8 years old. It ran great for me!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You had an Opel Manta GT? Damn you ARE old.
Actually I have respect for that, those were pretty cool cars --- but I bet yours wasn't anything like this:
Yea...... no...... I actually had two, one regular Manta/B and one Gt. My first one was orange and black and looked like this; I shit you not, this could be the same car and that looks like the farmhouse I lived in when I lived off base in Germany! No BS!

Very close to the second down to the spoiler but it was blue/blk.. same spoiler though-foam rubber!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Rubber spoilers ruled! I actually like them better than today's stupid "wing" spoliers. Saab had them, BMW had them, Audi, etc.....I bet lip spoilers provide more downforce than wings anyday. Only problem was that the rubber faded over time and became gray.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Rubber spoilers ruled! I actually like them better than today's stupid "wing" spoliers. Saab had them, BMW had them, Audi, etc.....I bet lip spoilers provide more downforce than wings anyday. Only problem was that the rubber faded over time and became gray.
AAAANNNNNDDDDD started to crumble!!! I replaced mine. Both of these cars were super fun! They handled very well, my Squad Leader hated me because my Manta Gt would hang with his Iroc (with "crossfire fuel inj" yet) that he had shipped over! In fact, my best friend had a Capri Gt and we used to race home the 10 or so clicks from Schwabach to Schawnstetten everyday! Good times! I took driver's ed in Michigan but I learned to drive in Germany!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #38
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Fuck the backseat, get a C4 Vette convertible with a 6 speed. It's a true supercar; 0-60 in 5 seconds, aluminum A-arms, independent rear, traction control, ABS, full tilt front end, 155 MPH. Trick bit of kit.

That's what I did, and I'll tell you what, it's almost as much fun as a bike.

Add to that, the fact that those cars have bottomed out (price-wise), and are starting to appreciate, and you won't lose any money, even if you sell it a few years down the road.

I got mine 5 years ago for $14K, and today, it's worth....$14K.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #39
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Go old school...85 Mustang GT 5.0...got mine for $2500. I bet you could trade straight up for a decent one and its the new 69 Camaro with the parts availability and ease of tuning. Seats four too.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #40
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Well if you buy something that has a 3.8, I have the intake and supercharger for it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote