Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #31
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Hahaha...I think its a safe bet Photography is probably MORE Expensive than Track days.
no... no way. you don't have to spend 250+ every three or four trips... even the initial cost is less... unless your going with professional shit
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #32
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2006 GSX-R 750

The photography stuff seems more expensive because you have to spend cash in large chunks. E.g. I have two lenses that each cost me about $1200, and I've never spent $1200 on any one part for my track bike. All told, I "only" have around $4k in my camera gear, though, and that wouldn't even cover the cost of the bike itself.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Thanks Dlit, very sweet of you.

Awesome, appreciate the compliment Dim, I've been working hard, and not planning on slacking off now. Got those plastics on like nobodys business, ghetto style, everything zip tied together! Didnt really notice a difference btw that and running nekked tho. Either or works for me!

And I have to go with Ebbs and Sanchez on this one...$300 for a weekend at the track, plus hotel costs at around $75-150, plus tires $300 +/-, plus gas for the bikes and trip out there at least $100 usually more...and then repeat every couple months, PLUS the initial costs of plastics, spare rims if you can afford them (which i need if anyone wants to sell some cheap!), the list goes on and on...

my camera aint got nothing on the several thousands Ive already spent on track days and the money I know I will be spending in the future!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #34
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Is it riding/track season year-round in Florida?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #35
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Pretty much, riding season moreso than track season. But it does get pretty cold at 70mph at 3am in January in the panhandle, but you can still ride (I know 'cause I've done it, with no windscreen, on a cruiser). Southern Florida, you can ride all year long with nothing more than a mesh jacket. Sorry for stealing your thunder Rae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, they do track days in January and February I know at Jennings as well as all the warmer months. Supposedly the winter ones are pretty awesome, but I cant stand even being chilled and without tire warmers, Im not up for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Pretty much, riding season moreso than track season. But it does get pretty cold at 70mph at 3am in January in the panhandle, but you can still ride (I know 'cause I've done it, with no windscreen, on a cruiser). Southern Florida, you can ride all year long with nothing more than a mesh jacket. Sorry for stealing your thunder Rae.
Yep, it's all good, you covered it!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #37
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
and Rae was single
She's not single!!!!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #38
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Thanks Dlit, very sweet of you.

Awesome, appreciate the compliment Dim, I've been working hard, and not planning on slacking off now. Got those plastics on like nobodys business, ghetto style, everything zip tied together! Didnt really notice a difference btw that and running nekked tho. Either or works for me!

And I have to go with Ebbs and Sanchez on this one...$300 for a weekend at the track, plus hotel costs at around $75-150, plus tires $300 +/-, plus gas for the bikes and trip out there at least $100 usually more...and then repeat every couple months, PLUS the initial costs of plastics, spare rims if you can afford them (which i need if anyone wants to sell some cheap!), the list goes on and on...

my camera aint got nothing on the several thousands Ive already spent on track days and the money I know I will be spending in the future!
You're welcome. And I can agree with the camera equipment but don't forget to add all the editing software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Yeah, they do track days in January and February I know at Jennings as well as all the warmer months. Supposedly the winter ones are pretty awesome, but I cant stand even being chilled and without tire warmers, Im not up for it...
I am going to try making it to a JGP track day in January. But I am probably going to find some sticky takeoffs and borrow some tire warmers for the track day.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #39
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Nice pics rae, you're getting much better!

That 848 is nasty.

And yes, I also dislike how the photogs get tons of shots of you in the morning when you're still trying to get back up to your old pace...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #40
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Awesome pictures. I really need to get into this track day stuff, but I fear I will get instantly hooked. I can't accept that but I would rather have the funds first.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote