Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #32
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
true

Hey where are you in WI? I heard kids in Milwaukee go around beating up homeless people for fun
work in milwaukee, live out in the sticks.

lots of things happen in this city that shouldn't.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Here everyone used to do it, but it seems to be on the decline now.

As for doors protecting you from bullets?
well yeah except they don't use the door to stop bullets. they use the door post to hide their face so you don't know who is in there to shoot.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

A guy I work with said he could BARELY see me in my car the other day coming in to work. I have my seat pretty far down to the floor and laid back far. I've always driven like this.

Once a guy from school picked me up and my step dad saw him pull in the drive but couldn't see him because the seat was laid back so darn far. it was funny.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #35
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I would say it's less "wanting to be another color" and more "wanting to be someone who has something I want or think I want"

For the past 25 years, Black people have been portrayed as cool, in 2 different ways.........

#1 the whole gangsta thing
#2 supposedly being more "with it" than Whites in terms of style, personality, and "game"

Now, #1 can be explained by the simple fact that kids will emulate gangstas no matter what color they are. So when the whole gangsta rap thing took off, kids liked the "tough" image and wanted to emulate that. If Asians had started the gangsta rap thing, everyone would be emulating Asians.

#2 is all Hollywood, and it's something they continue to perpetuate on TV, movies, etc, because it is profitable for them to do so.

Wigga please. I have a wigger friend. He used to be normal a long time ago, then one day he just wigged out. Started listening to, "I slap bitches and they like it cause my twanty foes are hot and cops are not."

The cloths came second I believe. No belt, sidewards cap, baggy pants, necklace, and the three hair chiny chin chin. O my dad had a hay day with him. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #36
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
around this neighborhood they say it's so they can't be shot as easily. makes sense seeing as there is a shooting at least once a day here. lots of gang activity as well.

of course it gives the white suburban kids something to emulate as well.
Only once a day puleeze

Most shootings here bareley make the paper anymore, unless a bystander gets clipped.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #37
was92v
Nowhere Man

A car door will not even slow a bullet down. Well maybe a .25 from a 1in barrel, but you would have to be pretty close to even hit the car at all.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #38
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I didn't so it in my car because I was worried about being shot and I don't do it now if I"m in the dump truck for that reason. I did it because that was the way I liked to drive. It was my thing. And yes others did it too. I don't know if they got as low as me.

In the dump truck there are more then a few that like to drive with the seat low.

Guns were not a problem I had to worry to much when I was young. Large groups of people (sometimes with weapons) was a bit of an issue. I had a 3 foot steel pool and or a large wrench for that.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What is the advantage of sitting low though? Is it because it's comfortable? If so that's fine, but my guess is the majority do it because they want to present an "I'm livin large/can't touch this" image

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-21-2009 at 02:08 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #40
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I had a 3 foot steel pool and or a large wrench for that.

James
Thats a pretty small pool... lol I get it, I carry one of these in my car behind my driver seat.

Saved my ass once from a bunch of wanna be gang bangers when I flipped them off in traffic because they came flying out of a side street and almost caused a MASSIVE wreck, they followed me to the gas station, when I pulled it out they started bitching about me not fighting fair when it was 3v1. Pussies.
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote