Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #31
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Its not, but when one of them gets super popular to the point of having her own reality show, then something like this can serve to help educate people that none of it is genuine or real.
You mean that Vladimir Putin doesn't really wrestle Grizzly Bears?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So you admit that experience isn't as important as the ability to perform the job.
You should really address this quote to yourself a few posts up....

Quote:
90% of the people in office right now have more intelligence and relevant experience than Palin. Regardless of whether they are left wing or right wing. So, yes.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #33
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Wink

Quote:
Its not, but when one of them gets super popular to the point of being elected president, then something like this can serve to help educate people that none of it is genuine or real.
Fixed it for ya
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The reason she became VP candidate is because Republicans wanted someone who wasn't another boring old white dude.

She continues to succeed because of her looks and "down-home/folksy" speaking style, which allows the simpletons to understand what she's saying.

There's also the "underdog" factor. Americans love to root for the underdog, even if they're not deserving of anything. It allows them to think, "see, I could be where she is too."
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You should really address this quote to yourself a few posts up....
Not only was I not comparing Palin to Obama in that quote, but I also used the phrase "relevant" experience.

In other words, not just executive experience
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #36
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You mean that Vladimir Putin doesn't really wrestle Grizzly Bears?
Or that Kim Jung Il isn't actually the greatest golfer in the world?

A lot of people that consider themselves good Americans look at the propaganda that goes on in other countries, which we consider to be lacking in essential freedoms, and kind of think to themselves, "Man, I'm sure glad to be in America where that stuff doesn't happen."

But of course its not true at all as our propaganda machine is every bit as strong as any other nation's. There are essential benefits to our Constitution, that do make America a kick-ass place to live, but if the majority doesn't start to realize that they're being bamboozled we're going to lose all the freedoms that are suppose to make America a cut above the rest.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #37
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
Fixed it for ya
But Palin is getting a different type of exposure that your average Presidential candidate gets. She's not just a politician but a pop-culture icon, and is worshiped accordingly.

But hey, these are the people that vote father/son teams into office so what do you expect?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #38
CasterTroy

Quote:
The reason she became VP candidate is because Republicans wanted someone who wasn't another boring old white dude.
Some truth to that...can't deny. She got further and continues to gain spotlight because she's NOT Hillary (with the crusty vag that looks like 2 steaku-ms dangling between her knees......why do you think Bill quit hittin it in the 90's?)

Quote:
She continues to succeed because of her looks and "down-home/folksy" speaking style, which allows the simpletons to understand what she's saying.

WOW you really ARE an elitist cocksucking Kalifornian

Quote:
There's also the "underdog" factor. Americans love to root for the underdog, even if they're not deserving of anything. It allows them to think, "see, I could be where she is too."

See also: Obama
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
But hey, these are the people that vote father/son teams into office so what do you expect?
And brothers
Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #40
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Some truth to that...can't deny. She got further and continues to gain spotlight because she's NOT Hillary (with the crusty vag that looks like 2 steaku-ms dangling between her knees......why do you think Bill quit hittin it in the 90's?)
I thought she was decent looking back when they first got elected. She had that "Scully" haircut as I recall.

Of course, what is she now, like 60? 58 at least?

I wouldn't doubt if Bill strayed more than we'll ever know about.