Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #31
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
You guys are some tiny mofo's
Yeah, Im like 90# heavier than you guys and Im still skinny.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Ill say it once more, your diet is fucked up mess. No matter your size, you still need about 2g of protein for every lb of body weight, to LOSE WEIGHT.
Let me see if I grasp this... if I'm starting the cut at 175 pounds, I should consume 350g of protein each day to lose weight? What strange dimension was I living in all those other times I lost weight?

Quote:
Its nice that you think you've decided not to fail, but your wrong, and will be miserable, lethargic, and will quit in a matter of weeks with that diet.
I'm miserable and lethargic regardless of how I eat, because I don't sleep. I've tried many different diets over the years with different ratios of carbs/protein/fats, some even based on recommendations from members of this site. The best I ever felt was on a diet similar to what I posted above, only in larger portions and with protein shakes before and after workouts. I was training for strength at the time and progress came faster than with any previous diet; my physique improved and I got stronger. Before my accident this spring, I was in the best shape I'd been in since high school.

Now I want to get small. Makes sense to try something similar, only with fewer calories. Include a few juice beverages to my list and my calorie intake won't be as small as you're assuming, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
Thanks. Nothing I haven't already read, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yeah, Im like 90# heavier than you guys and Im still skinny.
You're also 12 feet tall.
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #33
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I clicked on this thread expecting to see pics of your new Speed Triple. Fuck you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #34
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I'm 5'11"..... 155-160 was my healthiest weight with decent muscle mass ....
Hahahaha...no you were skinny with little fat. Decent muscle mass would be 5'11 at 200 with 10% BF.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #35
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
..... I benched 300 pounds in April at about 175 pounds.......
In order to bench 300, you need to put 2X45 plus 1X25 plus 1X10 plus 1X2.5 (on each side).
So your telling me that you just magically went to 300 and not 295 or 315? Do you even have 2.5lbs weights?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
....This diet reads: Im an idiot with no clue what im doing, but i'll be damned if I wont try and fail miserably!!

I was gonna start typing the same thing...lmao

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #37
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
you are going to fuck up your metabolism eating that few cals.
Eh...probably not. He's eating fruit, remember (which really makes no sense because fruits rise insulin levels). If he was no carb, then he'd have to worry about ketosis over a long period of time (like 4 days) in which he would have to carb up.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #38
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Do you even have 2.5lbs weights?
Are 2.5 pound plates hard to come by in California? West coast juicers don't bother moving up in 5-pound increments, I suppose. My college gym and my friend's Olympic weight set both have 2.5 pound plates. I even have 2.5 pounders for my standard set at home.

I was surprised when I did it, too. I never try to max out with weight in the gym, so I didn't know what to expect when I finally tried at a friend's house. It was more than I ever did in high school, and I was much bigger back then.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #39
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Are 2.5 pound plates hard to come by in California? West coast juicers don't bother moving up in 5-pound increments, I suppose. My college gym and my friend's Olympic weight set both have 2.5 pound plates. I even have 2.5 pounders for my standard set at home.

I was surprised when I did it, too. I never try to max out with weight in the gym, so I didn't know what to expect when I finally tried at a friend's house. It was more than I ever did in high school, and I was much bigger back then.
300 is a weight you work up to, not a weight you just thow on the bar and "I was surprised when I did it". Most of the time when someone posts this, it just smells of b.s. Most guys are not going to fuck around with 2.5lbs. And yes of course the gyms I go to have 2.5lb weights.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #40
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
300 is a weight you work up to, not a weight you just thow on the bar and "I was surprised when I did it". Most of the time when someone posts this, it just smells of b.s. Most guys are not going to fuck around with 2.5lbs.
I worked up to it that afternoon. At the time I was doing sets of 20 reps with 185 in the gym. My friend had 225 on the bar and we went from there.

I feel better doing a lot of reps with heavy (but not max) weight, rather than burning myself out in a few reps with as much weight as I can handle. I got pretty puffed up in high school training that way, but I feel like I'm accomplishing more with reps over weight (and there seems to be little to no strength disadvantage).

Before butthurt replies of "but that's not right!" come pouring in, let's remember that I am not (and have never been, and never intend to become) a bodybuilder or competitive power lifter...