Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #31
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
ugh, typed up a long reply, only to have my cell phone clear it out.

short version...didn`t like V-star, going with V-strom. also found out strom is `07, so kbb retail bumps up to 4585. However, bike has scratches on handlebar ends on both sides and scratches on left side rear grab bar like it was laid down in very low speed get off. will try to talk dealer down. applied for loan, just to see what numbers come back, but could buy outright if i take a little money out of roth ira. going to talk to dealer after work
SWEET! Pic's or ban
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

Fucking awesome.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #33
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Game on!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #34
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Grr. Went over after work and talked for a bit. Mentioned kbb retail is 4600 and that bike has been down on both sides (looks very minor, but still...) Offered 4k flat, expecting counter-offer. Salesman simply said no way they'll take 4k. "Ok, what will you take?" "Sales manager isn't here, but there's no way he'll take 4k. Took it in on trade for Victory and had it originally at 5400, but came down to 4999. there's no way he'll come 1k off price."

"uh, retail is 4600 and bike has been down"

"yeah, it's a used bike"

"uh, I can go over to local suzuki dealer and get brand new bike for 7500, probably less, and finance at 1.99% for 5 years."

"yeah, I can offer you good financing on a new Vic"

"uh, I can't get a new Vic for 7500. These are completely different bikes. Why would I pay 5k for a 3 year old bike that's been down, with kbb retail price of 4600, when I can go get a new bike, same model, even has engine cage on it, for 7500 or less, with better financing. It doesn't make sense. there is no way I'm paying 5k."

"well, last I heard is 4999 is the price, but I'll take your number and have sales manager call you tomorrow."

Gave him my number, but that's just ridiculous. I'll go buy a brand new v-strom, probably for 7k, get a warranty and get 1.99% financing for 5 years before I'll pay 5k for a used v-strom that has been down, even if it was a fucking driveway drop. It has evidence of being down, I don't know the owner and know nothing more about the bike. My credit score is 740, so I highly doubt I'll have any problem qualifying for the 1.99% rate.

I can finance 4500 on the 2007 v-strom at 7.99% for 3 years (already approved), so payment would be 141. OR, I could finance new v-strom (say 7500) for 5 years at 1.99% and payment would be 131. Insurance is 200 more per year on new v-strom, which works out to 16 per month more, so I'd only pay $6 more per month for a brand new one, although it would be for 2 more years (if I don't pay off early, but why would I at 2% int?)

I'll wait for sales manager to call me tomorrow, but the absolute most I will pay is $4500 out the door. Otherwise, it's a new V-strom for me.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #35
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I wouldn't think twice about it and go get the new bike. Lord knows what else could be wrong with the bike that was laid down.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I cant wait to see what happens! In all the years I've known ya, you've never had a bike! Hurry up, the anticipation is killing me!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #37
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Guaranteed they don't have that in it. I would go for the new one just to thumb that salesman in the eye, much less have a cherry bike to make your own.

Arkriders.com
Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #38
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I cant wait to see what happens! In all the years I've known ya, you've never had a bike! Hurry up, the anticipation is killing me!
Wow, has it really been that long? I thought I had the R6 when you were on the other board... I sold it in July '05. Ugh, it's been almost 5 years since I've owned a bike!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Guaranteed they don't have that in it. I would go for the new one just to thumb that salesman in the eye, much less have a cherry bike to make your own.
I agree they don't have that much in it. Salesman said Victory gave them 1k toward accessories, but they sold bike for sticker, minus trade in. Uh, accessories have insane markup AND you got sticker? No way you have that much in the Strom. I'm thinking about very much just buying new. Going to see what sales manager says tomorrow, but won't argue very long at all with him. I'd go down to other dealership tonight, but have my daughter and it's impossible trying to buy a bike with a 5 year old in tow.

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-21-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #39
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Strap her to the tank son, get'er done!

Arkriders.com
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 AM   #40
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Awesome... honestly... I'd just buy the new one... dude wants to dance around about it... cool... KEEP the fucker.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote