Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #31
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Well it's not APex2Aped or STT those track days are between $155 and $180
hmm.. yeah i checked the putnam official site and saw various organizations but didn't really click through all the m/c days because each site is different and more gay than the other - some of these fuckclowns don't have a clue how to set up a site.. it pisses me off to click a link and get taken to a page that has zero fucking relevance.. just come to my house and kick me in the sack.. i did see STT and knew they weren't doing any $40 trackdays.. i am sure a membership with them is double that by now.. i am doing Nesba this year its not 2 laps, red flag, end of session, 2 laps, red flag, end of session, repeat. So you get like 6 fucking laps every trackday. plus they let anyone sign up for any experience level and don't really care. you could be a noob and sign up for expert. i have heard good things about Apex2Apex and Nesba though. Actually the owner of Apex2Apex was at the Team Chicago Trackday on March 29, 2008 at Grattan and was an instructor/control rider for group 2. I talked to him for a bit during and after the track walk and he is very cool. He talked a little about Apex2Apex trackdays as well. I want to check them out this year as well.

BUT I need to find those god damn $40 track days..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #32
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
June 6th at Roebling Road (Savannah, GA)

June 8th at Carolina Motorsports (Kershaw, SC)

June 14th at Jennings GP (Jennings, FL)
The first two we'll be at the gap. The last one, let's fucking do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r!der View Post
For sure, the work day before a track day always seems to go by damn slow. Still MUCH BETTER than to be waiting for parts!!!
...almost back together tho!
Damn you got that thing back together pretty good considering the last shape I saw it in
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Goddamn I want to do a track day right now.
You and pinkus need to man up.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
The first two we'll be at the gap. The last one, let's fucking do it.
What org is that with? STT is doing barber that weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #34
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The sponsor of the track day this Saturday is going to do a walk through of the track on Friday. He's going to explain proper lines and what not during it. Should be pretty cool.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
BUT I need to find those god damn $40 track days..

Hey, I think I might of found them. A person at the plant that rides was talking about $100 for a whole weekend of riding at a track near Dayton, OH to some other coworkers. I am going to go ask them after lunch where he is going. It actually may be stunter related is why we can't find it, because he is into the whole stunting crowd. I will find out more information.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #36
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hey, I think I might of found them. A person at the plant that rides was talking about $100 for a whole weekend of riding at a track near Dayton, OH to some other coworkers. I am going to go ask them after lunch where he is going. It actually may be stunter related is why we can't find it, because he is into the whole stunting crowd. I will find out more information.
you are my new hero..

Old 04-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
you are my new hero..
He was in meetings all afternoon. I sent him an email. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow.
Quote:
Old 04-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #38
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
What org is that with? STT is doing barber that weekend.
From the calendar it just looks like Jennings is the organization that runs it. Can't tell for sure though.

After doing something slow, tight, and technical 5 or more times (NHIS) I really like the look of Jennings... pretty fast, smooth, etc. I'm really excited to try it out. It would be awesome if you could come down with us too, although maybe you would run in a faster group than me, I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
The sponsor of the track day this Saturday is going to do a walk through of the track on Friday. He's going to explain proper lines and what not during it. Should be pretty cool.
When I did my 2-day track day in September, we did that. Between the two days we had a big dinner in the garages, did a track walk to talk about lines and stuff, and then they had giveaways/raffles along with some seminars on suspension service, body positioning, etc. It was pretty cool.

During the track walk it's amazing to see how much space is out there that you didn't realize, and how drastic some of the banks, elevation changes, etc are, and to pick out the reference points you'd been using all day and maybe pick up some new ones. Definitely a worthwhile exercise.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #39
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

yeah whenever they have a track walk I always do it.. its worthwhile to get a different perspective of the track.. especially if you are with an experienced racer who can explain lines while you walk it..

Old 04-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #40
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Wow, how did I miss this thread?!?! (BTW, the "day before" is tomorrow for me)

OK, first off, Jennings freaking ROCKS! It was designed by Ed Bargy as a "training track", it has pretty much every kind of corner there is. There's a LONG high-speed sweeper (T1) a retardedly fast kink (T2 120-knee down!) a set of esses (3-4-5) a decreasing radius corner (6) a set of three corners that if you fuck up a line on one you are screwed for the rest (7-8-9, 8 has more wrecks than any other, and 9 is a cheater, it's an increasing radius, but you have to stay inside tight to set-up for 10) a matched set of turns with an increasing radius exit (10-11) another kink (12) and a matched set of corners (13-14) that have about six different fast lines through (I start mid-track into 13 and keep it on the puck and on the gas all the way through 13-14).

You will love it. The only negative is that elevation change is measured in millimeters.

I am actually doing a trackday with NESBA at Barber this saturday. I got an e-mail at 3PM TODAY from NESBA saying that Yamaha will be providing a line-up of '08 R6's and R1's for riders to demo on track at Barber. They said if you wanted to do the test ride you had to call before the office closed that day because on Friday they would be traveling all day. I called and got on, I asked for an R6. And get this, Yamaha R&D guys are going to be there, interviewing riders when they get off the bikes, to find out what we liked and didn't like. The ONLY way this could be better was if it was Suzuki's!
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote