Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #31
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
In your opinion... look I've seen some loud clothes from almost all designers at one time or another. IMHO if you wear "designer" clothes you are in the same boat as EH. Btw for those that think he wont last, that's what they said about Fubu as well. I doubt that he can carry this current trend "forever", although in "fashion terms" it has already been forever. His clothing is just as valid as any other designer out there. Fwiw I have a t shirt ans jeans from EH that aren't any flashier than Tommy Hilfiger.
Yes there have been some loud clothes from the other designers.

Tommy and Nuatica are the worst. 5- 10 years ago they went after the ghetto crowd with large clothes, bright colors and HUGE labels.

Polo has been a staple of the casual set for decades. I'm not a fan of the newer Polos with the GIANT horse but most of their stuff is pretty subtle.

Fubu is still around? Maybe because I am no longer in 7th grade but I haven't seen anybody flossin' their Fubu lately.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #32
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

My wife got on the EH bandwagon early. So I have a bunch of that stuff. Even she is tired of it now that the convenience store is full of it But I don't have a problem with it. I like the old school tattoo designs

They should have added the wool cap in summertime
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #33
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I am not really fashion conscious, but a couple of things I see on a regular basis really bother me, and I am not sure why.

The guys wearing their sisters pants.
The guys who wear pants that are sagging (below their ass cheeks) with a fucking belt on.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #34
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
The guys who wear pants that are sagging (below their ass cheeks) with a fucking belt on.
Thats a ghetto favorite. The cops brought a prisoner into the Er dressed like that and he couldnt pull his pants up for obvious reasons and the cops wouldnt pull them up either. made me LOL told him if he had his pants pulled up he could have ran better and may have gotten away
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #35
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I am not really fashion conscious, but a couple of things I see on a regular basis really bother me, and I am not sure why.

The guys wearing their sisters pants.
I want to go up to them and inform them that if they picked their pants up or wore pants that fit them they wouldn't have to "walk like that"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #36
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
In your opinion... look I've seen some loud clothes from almost all designers at one time or another. IMHO if you wear "designer" clothes you are in the same boat as EH. Btw for those that think he wont last, that's what they said about Fubu as well. I doubt that he can carry this current trend "forever", although in "fashion terms" it has already been forever. His clothing is just as valid as any other designer out there. Fwiw I have a t shirt ans jeans from EH that aren't any flashier than Tommy Hilfiger.
I haven't seen anyone wearing fubu in years
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I haven't seen anyone wearing fubu in years
Hmmm... me either, that wasn't my exact point, merely that everyone said they would close shop in a couple years... probably a bad example. The thing is that lots of people spend top dollar for exclusive or designer clothes, cars, bikes, etc... I buy whatever catches my eye at the time. I personally don't like the EH look because of the large logos. it's the same reason I don't buy Coogi. I buy clothes for fit and the way it looks on me. Almost all of my jeans are either Lucky or Express for this reason.

Getting back to Polo... if the only difference between a Polo polo and an Aeropostal (for example) polo is the logo, why spend 2-3x as much? Could it be the prestige of wearing Polo? Are you really going to argue that Polo brand clothes are that much better than the less expensive brands? Isn't it a fact that all of these clothes are, for the most part, made in some sweatshop in a third world country? I still maintain that the main reason for wearing designer clothing is ''prestige" and not "quality". I've had Guess jeans that fell apart after a few washes and crappy Old Navy jeans that refuse to die! If you really are olny concerned with "quality" and "wear", go to Walmart and buy some Dickies jeans...they could conceivably BURY you in them if you live to be 80!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post

They should have added the wool cap in summertime
Agreed, I've never understood that. From what I've seen, it's usually white guys who want to appear street-wise.

Either that, or maybe they're self-conscious about hair loss, and are too wimpy to shave it off.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Skinny jeans... they better be on the list. Nothing is more gay than skinny jeans... fucking terrible. Even when chicks wear them... TERRIBLE.
Uh..........man card revoked. If a girl's got a nice body, what's the problem?

Skinny jeans is a relatively new term that only refers to men's "emo" jeans anyway, as far as I know, so it doesn't apply to women. Women's jeans that are tight are not called "skinny jeans", they're just........normal.

What's terrible are man's jeans on a girl. They make her look like she's got diaper butt. Totally unflattering.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
IMHO Ed Hardy isn't any different than any brand name attire... How can you wear a Polo or Tommy Hilfiger shirt and put down someone wearing EH? What's the difference? Btw I like how someone titled this "EH Owned", my man is a multi millionaire and you are nobody so who exactly has been owned ?
Gotta agree with this. If you walk around with someone else's brand or name blazoned across your chest on a T-Shirt you paid $35 for you are most definitely a tool. Really, who the fuck pays that much for shirts to advertise for someone else and not get any cut of the profit? .Abercrombie fanboys, Ed Hardy fan boys...whatever, they're all the same.

It reminds me of when I was in 6th grade and you just weren't fucking cool if you didn't have some Girbaud jeans. Seriously, you absolutely could not be in with the "popular" crowd if you didn't have these $60-80 jeans...in 6th fucking grade. How did they know if you were rockin Girbaud or not? They had a little white tag on the dick to make sure everyone knew you got fucking ripped off on some jeans.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote