Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #31
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Dropped it off today at my chevy dealer for the same rust/noise proofing my hhr had done. Boy did I get some looks pulling in the garage in the new ford.

then I can maybe get to moddin the fiesta. Have hid's in the garage for it. Just need some time to do it. Especially before our trip to tenn in it.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #32
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
then I can maybe get to moddin the fiesta. Have hid's in the garage for it. Just need some time to do it. Especially before our trip to tenn in it.
My Fusion has been begging for HIDs too but the damn DTR lights are on Low Beam. They can be shut off in the computer settings (For when they're sold in the US.). I need to look into that.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #33
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
My Fusion has been begging for HIDs too but the damn DTR lights are on Low Beam. They can be shut off in the computer settings (For when they're sold in the US.). I need to look into that.
Well my HHR had DRL and when I had them active my HID's were still on. No difference between DRL & not. But it's a 50 50 shot if that would work for you. On my HHR just to be safe I pulled the fuse on the DRL. Check your owners manual... it was just that simple for me.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #34
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
Well my HHR had DRL and when I had them active my HID's were still on. No difference between DRL & not. But it's a 50 50 shot if that would work for you. On my HHR just to be safe I pulled the fuse on the DRL. Check your owners manual... it was just that simple for me.
Honestly, I have not put that much effort into checking it out yet but I'm almost positive there is no fuse or relay for them in mine. Everything I've heard says they are turned on and off with a setting in the computer. I'm pretty sure they still send 12v to the lights for DRL but it's switched on and off rapidly by the computer and can cause HIDs to flicker and ruin the ballasts.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #35
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Get a set of ddm HIDs and try it. Is it illegal for the dealership to disable that in canada?

Run Amsoil Product
Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #36
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
Get a set of ddm HIDs and try it. Is it illegal for the dealership to disable that in canada?
Ya I doubt they would put their ass on the line like that. I'm just hoping we get an update for our Snap-On Solus at work soon. It only goes to 2009 right now. Hopefully it can do it. I may just get a set of DDMs anyway and try them. If they dont work, I'll put them in my fog lights or something.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Or even just call them and ask them how to proceed.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #38
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

I just read into it some more and I think a relay harness might do the trick. I could make my own but would rather pay the $12 and have one thrown in with my order. Anyone have any experience with these?

The harness gets it's signal power from the stock Headlight harness but I think it says the Relay harness has connectors to fit 9005/6 connectors. My low beams are H11s so I take it this is not going to work. Anyone know if they have harnesses with different connectors or do I have to use some sort of Adapter?
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 AM   #39
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
I just read into it some more and I think a relay harness might do the trick. I could make my own but would rather pay the $12 and have one thrown in with my order. Anyone have any experience with these?

The harness gets it's signal power from the stock Headlight harness but I think it says the Relay harness has connectors to fit 9005/6 connectors. My low beams are H11s so I take it this is not going to work. Anyone know if they have harnesses with different connectors or do I have to use some sort of Adapter?
I have that harness on my fog lights. When you order your HID, + harness they will give you the proper harness connectors. But they really aren't much... Some of them are nice clips and others are just pins that you slide into your connection.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #40
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
I have that harness on my fog lights. When you order your HID, + harness they will give you the proper harness connectors. But they really aren't much... Some of them are nice clips and others are just pins that you slide into your connection.
Good to know man, thanks.

What Wattage/Bulb temp are you using in the Fiesta? What about the Fog lights you mentioned? I would like to get a 55w set for my low beams and move them to my fog lights temporarily if they dont work. Just worried they might get too hot in the smaller fog light housings.