Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #31
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATER View Post
but I am gettin older so I think this may be a good transition for me.
Age has nothing to do with it. If you want a Harley then get a Harley, but don't blame it on age.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #32
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Age has nothing to do with it. If you want a Harley then get a Harley, but don't blame it on age.
this is one of those things that is like sex, ride what makes you happy.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATER View Post
It is a 83 FXRS which is a full sized harley not a sportster. It has the 1330 evo engine which is a rubber mount engine to cut down on vibration. it has custom bars newer tank and updated gauges. I am lookin for something for cruising not racing so I think i'll pick it up.... If I were looking for a bike to take to the GAP I would never buy this but I am gettin older so I think this may be a good transition for me.

here are better pics
do it! join me on the dark side.

lately i have noticed that i am getting slightly more pleasure from riding my harley than from riding my kawi. *gasp* did i just say that?! i find the riding position to be a bit more stable feeling for me. for some reason i feel a bit less confident with the bike and my abilities when crouched over the tank on the kawi. i wondered if it could be my age as well. i don't know what's come over me. i am just overly cautious now. i don't get those feelings stretched out on the harley though.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
do it! join me on the dark side.

lately i have noticed that i am getting slightly more pleasure from riding my harley than from riding my kawi. *gasp* did i just say that?! i find the riding position to be a bit more stable feeling for me. for some reason i feel a bit less confident with the bike and my abilities when crouched over the tank on the kawi. i wondered if it could be my age as well. i don't know what's come over me. i am just overly cautious now. i don't get those feelings stretched out on the harley though.
You should do a track day.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #35
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You should do a track day.
you're right. i should. it'd be a great confidence builder for me. i could use that. it's like i don't trust the bike anymore or something. a track day is definately on my to-do list.

i would never sell my 636, but the thought has crossed my mind once or twice. like maybe it's just the shift in my riding preferences with my age. but both my bikes are paid in full, so no real good reason to get rid of either one.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #36
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
you're right. i should. it'd be a great confidence builder for me. i could use that. it's like i don't trust the bike anymore or something. a track day is definately on my to-do list.

i would never sell my 636, but the thought has crossed my mind once or twice. like maybe it's just the shift in my riding preferences with my age. but both my bikes are paid in full, so no real good reason to get rid of either one.
Oh yeah, like you're soooooo old!

Do a rat bike conversion on the Kawi. Yank off the fairings, slap on a set of handlebars. I've never felt comfortable bending over the tank and that's why I'm sticking with the naked bikes.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote