Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Exactly. You look like an even bigger idiot when your leathers don't fit you all that well... (I couldn't resist since they were cheap and needed a 1pc.)
Yea, mine are pretty good in that respect, which is important to me. I tried on several suits in the $400-500 range and either they were too short or they were too fat. They make these suits to order, they will modify the color, size, etc. I almost went with Clover actually for the same reason. The truth is, I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear any off the rack suit, regardless of price.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Looks like it's a size too big to me.
Nah, I had them go a bit wide in certain areas, I want to be able to wear a sweat shirt or whatever under neath and I want air to be able to move around easily in the Summer. I don't know, maybe I'll get my shit together, now that I'm healthy, exercise, lose some weight and buy another suit.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #33
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, mine are pretty good in that respect, which is important to me. I tried on several suits in the $400-500 range and either they were too short or they were too fat. They make these suits to order, they will modify the color, size, etc. I almost went with Clover actually for the same reason. The truth is, I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear any off the rack suit, regardless of price.
That is the part that sucks for being a female. The cheapest suit I found was around $500+, too damn much for a couple track days a year. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places,
I looked at mens, but very few manufacturers make a size 38. I settled for a 40, so it's a bit baggy. But I wasn't going to complain since it is an AGV and only paid $125. It works.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #34
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Nah actual leather, according to the tags anyway and it smells pretty good so far...
You know, just that fact that you sniffed it, makes my last post completely worth while.

Quote:
Little known (apparently) fact, most lower end leather goods were made in Pakistan before China took everything over. I'm not sure why or how a leather suit made in China is somehow better than a leather suit made in Pakistan... Oh and the mt. lion can easily be removed later so I decided to have it come on. I'm sure all of you remove those gay Dainese devils and lame MotoGp eyes off of your gear, right?
China has better technology available, and more money.

Pakistan has worse and less.

Plus, nobody ever says, "Hey, let's pickup some Pakistani on the way home".

JC
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
You know, just that fact that you sniffed it, makes my last post completely worth while.

China has better technology available, and more money.

Pakistan has worse and less.

Plus, nobody ever says, "Hey, let's pickup some Pakistani on the way home".

JC
Shoot, you ain't never had no Tandoori chicken? Heck, curry chicken is just as much Pakistani as it is Indian.

Hmmm... who makes a better leather riding suit, USA or Italy? besides, you know that the best leather suits are made by hand. Hand cut, a person at the sewing machine, etc. Technology be damned. For better or worse, these gloves fit better and have zero easily visible mistakes. Something I could not say for the last pair of A* GpTech gloves I bought.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 01-06-2010 at 08:53 PM..
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Suit looks decent for 350 bones. Looks a tad big in areas, but it isn't a custom.

I've had my current $1200 Z-Custom Leather suit for 7 years now and I've never owned any other suit. The thing is starting to rip everywhere, so a new suit is on the horizon. Thinking about getting a custom Pilot Suit for about 1400.

Custom is the way to go if you do alot of riding in the suit.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 01-06-2010 at 08:59 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Suit looks decent for 350 bones. Looks a tad big in areas, but it isn't a custom.

I've had my current custom 1200 buck suit for 7 years now. Never bought any other suit. The thing is starting to rip everywhere, so a new suit is on the horizon. Thinking about getting a custom Pilot Suit for about 1400. Custom is the way to go if you do alot of riding in the suit.
Yea true! I did some measurements and emailed them. The main thing they did for me was to make the suit a bit "taller" every US48 I've ever tried on was too short for me. They are willing to completely make the suit to your exact specs but you'd better be spot on! I like my suit a bit large because I'm on the street. If it were a track suit, I'm sure I'd want it "painted on" like all of the racers.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #38
Switch
dadbod

You would have Icon gloves.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #39
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud View Post
You would have Icon gloves.
Was that a cut down or a squid remark?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Was that a cut down or a squid remark?
Who knows or cares? You gotta love these guys that barely ever post and just lurk looking for an opportunity to cut someone down.