Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #31
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Fanboy? That can only be directed at me. Maybe you missed the part about Windows, and Linux, and need to go back and read for comprehension. I used to be a PC consultant. I am not a fan of ANY motherfucking computers [anymore]. I never even said the shit would last longer than 5 fucking minutes (someone mentioned longevity). I wish people would stop projecting their Mac fears onto me.

I just said that you plug that fucking shit in, and it works, and that leaves ME to get back to what the fuck it was I was doing...living my life.

In particular this resonates with me as it has to do with my sheer motherfucking disdain for the literally thousands of hours I've lost in my fucking lifetime to badly made hardware, badly written software, and stupid incompatibilities.

FUCK building PCs out of parts, and FUCK getting proprietary shit from assholes.

Apple finally went Intel, full-industry-standard hardware, and their shit WORKS. It works, it's quiet, it costs 18 watts to run when it throttles back - what's not to love?

But trust me, fanboy I'm not. I'm sooooo not a fan of computers, that my studio will feature a RADAR system from Otari. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a "tapeless tape machine". While in the box you will find a PC, it runs all proprietary shit, and has just STOP, REW, PLAY, FF, REC transport controls.

No plug-ins, no emulators, no updates, no conflicts, just a big fat red button to hit, when you wanna stick fucking music in the box.

I will have a computer (running ProTools and Logic), but it will be OFF most of the time music is being made (Via a lightpipe>IEEE1394 interface, the RADAR actually dumps right into the computer for mixing and editing)

Do I sound like a fucking computer fanboy?

Last edited by Avatard; 01-26-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #32
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Fanboy? That can only be directed at me.
That is the other problem with fanboi's, they think the whole world is directing hate at them only.

I did read your whole post about failing clone hardware, and have never experienced any hardware failures in over 15 years of working with and using PCs. But you don't see me shoving that in everyones face.

Mac users are as annoying and in your face as PETA.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #33
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
That is the other problem with fanboi's, they think the whole world is directing hate at them only.

I did read your whole post about failing clone hardware, and have never experienced any hardware failures in over 15 years of working with and using PCs. But you don't see me shoving that in everyones face.

So.... does that make you a PC fanboi?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #34
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post

You must be the exception. Pretty much everyone I know with a PC (storebought or custom built) has had at least a hard drive fail on em. I know of 1 mac user that this happened to.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #35
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
So.... does that make you a PC fanboi?
Nope, I don't praise PCs in every random thread about computers. Find me a thread about computers that does not have a Mac fan 'offering' their opinion on why Macs are better.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Funny thing is, all my personal computers (mostly Macs) boot into Windows by default.

Karl, sorry but your Mac fanboi bullshit is just way off the mark.

Did you ever consider, however, the POSSIBILITY that everyone says shit is better because, um, well, it is?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #37
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I think Karl secretly has Mac envy. That's a rather suspect amount of hostility, bud.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #38
t-homo
WSB Champion

Think about it, its like Aprilias and Hyosungs. One of the two has tons of fanbois, one doesn't. One is better, one isn't.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #39
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I think Karl secretly has Mac envy. That's a rather suspect amount of hostility, bud.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #40
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

format, you had to format.

Reformat isnt really a process. Its just formatting a HDD. Just because its been done more than once, doesnt mean it needs an re in front of it!

Sorry, pet peeve!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote