Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #31
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
7 years is a long time to give up for having a "darkened mood"

No, I get what you guys are saying. My point is that serious prison time should always be reserved for serious offenses. Did he point the gun at someone? Ok, now we have a different situaiton. Did he take them onto a plane in his waistband? Again, that's something different.

7 years in prison for a man who is not a convicted felon is absurd. Maybe the article doesn't mention that he's a convicted felon, or maybe I missed it? I've never known the media to be pro-gun bias...
You know we have moved into a "Zero Tolerance" world, right? I mean, most people can't think for themselves. Most have to have a black and white option available to them because what was common sense is now lost.

I think the primary problem now is most of the public just live their lives in a bubble with their "important" factors in their lives paying ZERO attention to the government that is churning up bullshit laws like this around them. They are going to be governed by them, but just blindly go about their sheep lives and only complain after the fact.

I've now spent a few years very involved with our state government, and the apathy of the public is incredibly infuriating at times. Laws like this do not surprise me... nor do the juries that go behind closed doors to be given a either he did it or he didn't, not another choice of reasonable measure.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #32
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Maybe the article doesn't mention that he's a convicted felon..
Or had been checked into a mental institution either willingly or not. With HIPAA laws being what they are, the police may have had access to more than the reporters could get ahold of
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

the problem isn't government.
The problem is we're a society of lazy, whiney bitches.
Anytime something happens that we dont like, we have this wonderful system where we can say "there should be a law about that" and then we go piss and moan to our local rep who then shows up in front of the podium "siezing this very important issue" and poof next thing you know we have a law that say "It is illegal to make a tissue dance between the hours of 5pm and 6pm on Sunday and Saturday"

Year later when someone notices these laws on the books we initially raise a stink saying "thats the dumbest law ever....where is my representative to knock this crap out of the legal code" you ALWAYS get that one jerk who steps up and says "what about the children" or "What if"
Then everyone is too lazy or chicken to actually do anything because dealing with "think of the children" and "what if?" people is time consuming and annoying. Damn sure that no politician is going to stick their neck out to take a law off the books when "TOTC and W.I.?" are involved.

Summary.
Laws are the results of citizens whining and bitching
We elect representatives to listen to us whine and bitch and translate our whining and bitching into law
Politicians are opportunistic cowards that citizens vote for
Citizens are generally lazy and uninvolved.
Of the people by the people
bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Anytime something happens that we dont like, we have this wonderful system where we can say "there should be a law about that" and then we go piss and moan to our local rep who then shows up in front of the podium "siezing this very important issue" and poof next thing you know we have a law that say "It is illegal to make a tissue dance between the hours of 5pm and 6pm on Sunday and Saturday"

Year later when someone notices these laws on the books we initially raise a stink saying "thats the dumbest law ever....where is my representative to knock this crap out of the legal code" you ALWAYS get that one jerk who steps up and says "what about the children" or "What if"
Then everyone is too lazy or chicken to actually do anything because dealing with "think of the children" and "what if?" people is time consuming and annoying. Damn sure that no politician is going to stick their neck out to take a law off the books when "TOTC and W.I.?" are involved.

Summary.
We elect representatives to listen to us whine and bitch and translate our whining and bitching into law
bitches
Funny but valid points
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #35
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:

Summary.
bitches
Thomas Jefferson saw it coming....and tried to warn against it....

"I know, (there is) no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of society, but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power."

Too many amongst us are not enlightened enough to manage their own affairs, much less participate in the decision making process involving the community at large...largely due to want of an appropriate education.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #36
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Summary.
bitches
Right. The problem is ONE asshole [politician or not] gets an idea to save the world, usually because of their own inadequacies. They push for some new law to save us from ourselves, no one in the general public notices because they are too busy living their own self-absorbed lives. OR, if they do notice it goes into the bucket of "it won't affect me."

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

That is the same reason this country spends so much on defense. A minority of paranoid warhawks gets up and insinuates that we can't feel safe unless our technology is 20 years ahead of everyone else. There have been verified cases of defense contractors and military leaders lying about the capabilities of other nations, to justify increased spending.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #38
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

A quick search of google for his name pokes little holes in his story (the OP is based only on an interview from his perspective), he was convicted of 3 things:

possession of illegal (hollowpoint) ammunition (1 year)
illegally transporting firearms (6 months)
consealed carry of a handgun without a permit (7 years)
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #39
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Whatever dude.

You get so wound up over your pet issues that you can't see straight.

The facts: Homeboy broke the rules, homeboy got convicted of breaking the rules, homeboy got punished according to the guidelines set forth.

If you don't like the rules or the punishment for breaking the rules, work to get them changed. Running around screaming that the sky is falling makes you look like a Republican.

P.S. I'm not saying the guy didn't get railroaded.
The rules suck...they should have never been passed. This is why I NEVER vote for "mandatory" anything in regards to the punishment under the law. There are always exceptions. It's bullshit.

It sounds like the Judge had it out for the last cases he was preciding over. He would not let the jury hear that the guy was transporting firearms because of a move, which is a clause in the state law.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Too many amongst us are not enlightened enough to manage their own affairs, much less participate in the decision making process involving the community at large...largely due to want of an appropriate education.
More like laziness. Most people would rather drive home after work, pull into their garage, shut the door, close off society, and watch 4 hours of TV every night.

Or post on the internet
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote