Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

That is why German cars' suspension systems are wired so tight.......The cars need body control at high speeds. Germans might not be the most expressive or romantic people, but they don't fuck around when they build shit.

Most American and Japanese cars float all over the place, and their steering is too quick and artificial.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #42
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I agree.........I can't stand left-lane squatters (hint: JoJoYZF). Quit trying to act like nobody could possibly want to go faster than you.
If I see people are coming from behind and there is traffic coming up in the right lane where they wont be able to pass but if there isnt then it really makes no difference what lane you pass someone in. And how about instead of worrying about me you worry about yourself? Have I ever caused an accident? No. Do I hold up lines of traffic behind me? No. Until you see me drive, dont worry about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
And I bet you completely lose your cool when some dipshit won't get out of YOUR way. Especially when moving to the right would immediately jam you into slower moving traffic. If only I had a dollar for every dipshit with that ignorant mindset on my drive to Florida and back last week...
Not unless I have no way to pass them. If theres people doing the exact speed limit in the fast lane and the people in "slower" lanes ie the center, right, etc are passing us then I get irritated. I see no problem to still be in the left lane if Im still passing people in the other lanes. If theres no traffic and Im still doing 80 or more in a 65 for example, theres no reason they cant move over but read above for other example.

Thank you everyone for caring so much about which lane I drive in. I feel touched that youre all so concerned...
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
101...it's easier to roll tighter when you aren't going over 45mph...

hahaha...yeah traffic...I blame it on the Mexicans.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
That is only rush hour in the city. In the suburbs and desert areas, it's wide open, 5 lanes each direction, average speeds 85 or so.
Maybe in SD...the 91 Freeway is blocked from 3pm to 9pm every weekday.

I don't even wanna take about the 5, 105, 605, 405, 110 etc. etc.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 07-09-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
If I see people are coming from behind and there is traffic coming up in the right lane where they wont be able to pass but if there isnt then it really makes no difference what lane you pass someone in. And how about instead of worrying about me you worry about yourself? Have I ever caused an accident? No. Do I hold up lines of traffic behind me? No. Until you see me drive, dont worry about me.

Not unless I have no way to pass them. If theres people doing the exact speed limit in the fast lane and the people in "slower" lanes ie the center, right, etc are passing us then I get irritated. I see no problem to still be in the left lane if Im still passing people in the other lanes. If theres no traffic and Im still doing 80 or more in a 65 for example, theres no reason they cant move over but read above for other example.

Thank you everyone for caring so much about which lane I drive in. I feel touched that youre all so concerned...

Dude ur being punked in this thread. By Homeslice!!!

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #46
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Dude ur being punked in this thread. By Homeslice!!!
Eh it happens. He reads the couple of sentences I posted and suddenly hes an expert on my driving and thinks any of the opinions he have on it are worth anything to me lol.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
If I see people are coming from behind and there is traffic coming up in the right lane where they wont be able to pass but if there isnt then it really makes no difference what lane you pass someone in. .
Sure it does. What if you tried to pass someone on the right, but then he finally decides to move over at the same time? BOOM. Happens all the time, why? Because people know they should move to the right, and when they finally get around to doing it, they might do it without signaling.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
I see no problem to still be in the left lane if Im still passing people in the other lanes. .
I agree.........to a point.

If you're already going 85 or something, and there's only one guy behind you, then that's not as bad as doing only 70 and holding up 10 people behind you.

But still, I don't care how packed the right lane is, there is always a hole you could cut into if you wanted, so that you could let someone pass. If he wants to go 120, let him.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #49
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Why bother at that point? If Im doing 85 in a 65 or something and someone flies up on me, theyre the type of person that will go to the right to pass me before I even bother. Trust me I do it to people all the time.
Quote:
I see no problem to still be in the left lane if Im still passing people in the other lanes. If theres no traffic and Im still doing 80 or more in a 65 for example, theres no reason they cant move over but read above for other example.

You're not being consistent in this thread at all. Are you staying in the left lane and making people pass you on the right while you're passing people? Do you speed up and close the gap on them once they're in the right lane trying to get by too?

I don't care how fast I'm driving, if I'm not passing someone in the next 30 seconds, I'm moving over a lane. It's just basic courtesy, which is obviously lost on many anymore.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 AM   #50
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You're not being consistent in this thread at all. Are you staying in the left lane and making people pass you on the right while you're passing people? Do you speed up and close the gap on them once they're in the right lane trying to get by too?

I don't care how fast I'm driving, if I'm not passing someone in the next 30 seconds, I'm moving over a lane. It's just basic courtesy, which is obviously lost on many anymore.
Maybe in your little world it is courtesy, but the reality of it is if there is no one in the left lane behind you it doesn't matter. It is like putting your turn signal on at 2am with not a car in sight. I guess if it makes you sleep better at night, then so be it.

I think many states have left only to pass rules so cops and emergency vehicles have an easier time getting by traffic. I cannot think of any other reason for it.

And the reason JoJoYZF doing 85 getting passed in the right lane is simply because he is not checking mirrors often enough. But I'm suspecting the dude is in his 20s....big ego trip at that age. hahaha

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM