Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #41
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i could not find a single player from 12:45 - 1:05 wtf
On Xbox or PS3? I played from 12:30 - 4:30am....full Ground War matches, 18 players.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i could not find a single player from 12:45 - 1:05 wtf
my guess is your on PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggz View Post
the one dude out of 500 that was picking the game up at BB for the PS3 was on his way back in the store to exchange it for the 360 version
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I may have to get this.

xbox reactortrip
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #44
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
my guess is your on PS3
thats a bad guess, dont quit your day job. XB.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #45
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Gonna head to Game Stop in about an hour to pick mine up.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #46
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Will start online tomorrow for PS3.
Usernames:

maniakel
Chaz88
suicidalmonkey88

Maybe this time I will start early enough I can hold my own against 8 yr olds.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #47
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

'Call Of Duty' Could Beat Movie Records
'Modern Warfare 2' Hits Consoles Tuesday
BARBARA ORTUTAY, AP Technology Writer

POSTED: Friday, November 6, 2009
UPDATED: 9:49 am CST November 10, 2009

NEW YORK -- This holiday season's biggest entertainment blockbuster likely will be a sequel to a popular franchise, with jarring depictions of war and an intricate story of good versus evil. It could easily rake in more than last year's record $155 million opening weekend for "The Dark Knight."

But this blockbuster is not a movie.

It is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," a video game that Activision Blizzard Inc. is releasing Tuesday. Fans worldwide are expected to spend at least half $500 million on the game in the first week.

That would at least match last year's "Grand Theft Auto IV," which was the most successful video game release in history and might have been the top entertainment launch ever.

Justin Criswell, 31, planned to line up at a GameStop store in Brooklyn on Monday night so he could buy the new "Call of Duty" when it went on sale after midnight for $60. It's available for PCs, Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

"Ever since they announced it, me and most of the friends that I play with have been crazy excited about it," Criswell said. Once he gets a copy, he plans to stay up much of the night to play it online with friends and relatives scattered in Tennessee, California, Ohio and Florida.

"Those who have to work the next day have taken the day off," he said.

Like the previous five "Call of Duty" games, which are all rated "M'' for mature (not for kids under 17), this one lets players shoot their way through a complex series of scenes. The game's developer, Infinity Ward, spent two years creating realistic graphics that are amplified in many players' homes by big-screen, high-definition TVs sets and powerful speakers. It's like stepping into a movie.

A big part of the game's appeal is in its multiplayer component -- players can fight each other, whether they're at the same game console or in separate locations and connected online.

Or a player can dive in alone and get swept into the game's plot, which picks up where "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare," left off. That game ended with victory over a Russian terrorist, but he was just part of a larger conspiracy. This time, the target is an even more vicious leader of the Russian Ultranationalist movement. Settings include a snowbound Siberian base, a leafy American suburb and the burning streets of Washington, D.C. One trailer for the game shows a glimpse of action in outer space.

While video games are increasingly marketed to men and women of all ages as mainstream entertainment, the core demographic for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" is mainly guys.

For David Dague, 36, who lives in Chicago, the launch of "Modern Warfare 2" is like the beginning of football season for a sports fan. Because he can play the game with other people, joining up in "clans" or fighting against them, "Call of Duty" is like "paintball in a box," he said. Better yet, paintball on a couch.

"Playing against other living, thinking players becomes a competitive pastime," said Dague, who runs a Web community for adults who play multiplayer games on the Xbox 360. Dague said he plans to play "Modern Warfare 2" for about two hours at a time, two to three nights a week.

"I don't watch soap operas, I don't watch football. Multiplayer gaming is where my competitive spirit gets its outlet," he said.

Activision is working with retailers to plan more than 10,000 midnight openings in the United States, including most of the 4,300 GameStop Corp. stores around the country. It won't give numbers, but GameStop says pre-orders for "Modern Warfare 2" hit an all-time high.

In all, about 28 million "Call of Duty" games have been sold in the United States, with each installment doing better at launch than the previous one, said NPD Group analyst Anita Frazier. Optimism about the latest title led Activision on Thursday to reaffirm its outlook for 2009. It expects more than $2 billion in revenue for the current quarter -- roughly half of the year's total.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter estimates Activision is spending as much as $50 million to market the game, including TV spots, billboards and ads on social-networking sites. Activision won't say how much the game cost to make, but most blockbusters require tens of millions of dollars.

For Criswell and Dague's generation, video games are entertainment on par with movies, except they last many more hours and immerse players in stories in which their actions affect the outcome.

Patrick Kienbauer, an 18-year-old student in Austria, said the game's last installment, which has sad background music and a "comfortless ambiance," let him "feel the cruelty and violence of war." He's already ordered a copy of "Modern Warfare 2" so he can get it as quickly as possible.

If this sequel does its job, it will not only pick up where the last one ended but also advance the story in ways that will shock and surprise him -- and keep him coming back for more
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #48
t-homo
WSB Champion

is the lobby system ok explain the lobby system to me without me seeing it. is it different from xbox to ps3? more like MW1 or Halo? I love the ranking system in halo. anyone can get to level 55 x 10 with enough play time, whereas in halo, you can go up or down. Does it throw you into gay ass losing battles that are pretty much over and then keep the teams the same afterward?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
not sure what I am getting it for yet... ps3 or xbox... my xbox died again last week
No way dude! According to these guys, the Xbox is uber reliable now and never breaks down!!! Oh and FWIW I'm sorry to hear that... PS3 $299 and I think that Gamestop will give you about $100 for your 360.... Just saying...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
No way dude! According to these guys, the Xbox is uber reliable now and never breaks down!!! Oh and FWIW I'm sorry to hear that... PS3 $299 and I think that Gamestop will give you about $100 for your 360.... Just saying...
im surprised they dont just package a new xbox with each big game release
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote