Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #41
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Very nice. You gotta kinda feel bad for people who don't have time to own a dog....no security system in the world beats a good, loyal dog.

I don't know why I haven't told you guys this..

I passed out in the livingroom shitfaced wearing nothing but boxers on halloween night. At 3am I wake up to a loud crash and some pretty serious barking.

Some guy had just came crashing through my front door and in a flash the dogs were awake, off the couch and on him like nothing I've ever seen. They chased him out the door, off the porch and I just called them off as he trips over the curb and face plants into the street.

At this time he's yelling out, "It's me TONY!! Call them off Trav!!" I called the dogs in and threw some clothes on to go sort this guy out. I was pretty pissed until he explained himself.

His wife threw him out (he was beyond drunk) and he stumbled over here to ask if he could crash on my couch. He saw me through the window and tried knocking but I didn't budge, so he tried the door knob and fell into the house.

The dogs never bit him.. But, he cut up his face, wrist and broke his leg tripping over the curb.

I've always had my doubts about how aggressive they would be with an intruder. Now I have every confidence in their abilities to protect my gf while I'm away.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I don't know why I haven't told you guys this..

I passed out in the livingroom shitfaced wearing nothing but boxers on halloween night. At 3am I wake up to a loud crash and some pretty serious barking.

Some guy had just came crashing through my front door and in a flash the dogs were awake, off the couch and on him like nothing I've ever seen. They chased him out the door, off the porch and I just called them off as he trips over the curb and face plants into the street.

At this time he's yelling out, "It's me TONY!! Call them off Trav!!" I called the dogs in and threw some clothes on to go sort this guy out. I was pretty pissed until he explained himself.

His wife threw him out (he was beyond drunk) and he stumbled over here to ask if he could crash on my couch. He saw me through the window and tried knocking but I didn't budge, so he tried the door knob and fell into the house.

The dogs never bit him.. But, he cut up his face, wrist and broke his leg tripping over the curb.

I've always had my doubts about how aggressive they would be with an intruder. Now I have every confidence in their abilities to protect my gf while I'm away.
Wow. Good dogs.

My lab is extremely protective of my wife.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #43
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Ah....very adorable APBT

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #44
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Dogs are the best security ever! nothing like a 90 lb Doberman greeting you to deter crime, and a few guns too..
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #45
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
Dogs are the best security ever! nothing like a 90 lb Doberman greeting you to deter crime, and a few guns too..
that's funny and oh so true. but my neighbor has a very classic looking dobey. cropped ears and tail big boy. i know that dog and he scares the shit out of me even though I know he's very friendly.
he came in our yard one day and our 5 pound toy poodle chased him home. LOL it was funny as hell but I was very glad he was used to cats so he didn't turn around and have a snack. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

We seriously have some paranoid mutherfuckers here.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #47
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
yep that's what it is. it's not the enjoyment of shooting firearms or the love of pets it is sheer fear of lifes situations.

i hear that same statement here a lot. dumbest thing I've ever heard. you have to be paranoid in order to own guns?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #48
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Wow. Good dogs.

My lab is extremely protective of my wife.
Same story with our labs. Strangers can't get close to the kids or the wife unless I'm home.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #49
miztress6
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Not paranoid "Prepared"
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #50
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztress6 View Post
Not paranoid "Prepared"
For the zombie apocolypse
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote