Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I hear ya... personally I love the company... but not having it doesn't change much for me...cept for time stopped. i tend to just gas and go when on my own
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #52
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I hear ya... personally I love the company... but not having it doesn't change much for me...cept for time stopped. i tend to just gas and go when on my own
Me too, well, except for restroom stops. But I hurry as quick as I can.

Company would just make me feel safer especially since I'm so mechanically inept. What the hell would I do if something happens with the bike? It's not that I'm leery of riding by myself or any other preconceived dangers that can happen to me as a person. I can take care of myself! I'm more worried about the bike.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 AM   #53
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

as weird as this may sound... for me... that's part of the attraction... what could go wrong... I love it... that's not to say I drain all but half the oil out then run 500 miles at 80 in 2nd gear... I do my preventive maintenance... and always have a back up plan... and a cell phone and cash.

take my Indy trip... I wrecked 40 or so miles south of Chicago... but was able to rent a truck and haul it back to my parents 800 miles away... but looking back... I wouldn't change a bit of it... even in the immedate moments after my wreck... I thought... wow... i'm gonna remember this trip forever.

from packing my broken tent and gear in and riding for 3 hrs in hurricaine Ike... to Riding the gap, the journey through central KY, hang'n out with friends I'd never met, to the wreck... it all adds to the memory...

to be honest I'm not sure I'd take a trip if I was 100% sure nothing was gonna happen...
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #54
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
as weird as this may sound... for me... that's part of the attraction... what could go wrong... I love it... that's not to say I drain all but half the oil out then run 500 miles at 80 in 2nd gear... I do my preventive maintenance... and always have a back up plan... and a cell phone and cash.

take my Indy trip... I wrecked 40 or so miles south of Chicago... but was able to rent a truck and haul it back to my parents 800 miles away... but looking back... I wouldn't change a bit of it... even in the immedate moments after my wreck... I thought... wow... i'm gonna remember this trip forever.

from packing my broken tent and gear in and riding for 3 hrs in hurricaine Ike... to Riding the gap, the journey through central KY, hang'n out with friends I'd never met, to the wreck... it all adds to the memory...

to be honest I'm not sure I'd take a trip if I was 100% sure nothing was gonna happen...
You have a point. I've taken a couple of short (500 miles or less) trips by myself. I had numbers of different people who I could contact along the way if anything happened. I *know* I can make a long trip and can prepare for some things to happen as I've done them before, but they made me anxious, especially as I'm leaving out. Once I get going, it's not so bad. Still, companionship is always nice.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-03-2009, 03:13 AM   #55
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Agreed...I like riding alone...but I prefer to be with someone if I'm on a longer exursion.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #56
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Agreed...I like riding alone...but I prefer to be with someone if I'm on a longer exursion.
Are you coming down to the rally?

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 AM   #57
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I'm Seriously Considering it...I would probably ride alone for most of it...and that scares me alittle...but fuck it...once i get going I'll be ok
Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 AM   #58
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

talk Dave in to coming down... maybe marko or Phenix, or JoJo would be intrested in coming down...
Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 AM   #59
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

its a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG ride...Roughly 14 hours from where I live to Suches.

We'll see...myrlte Bike week is aroudn the same time and I know alot of my riding buddies arew goign to that (as well as myself) but I might do both...Fuck it I desere a kickass vacation. I'll just meet them there
Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 AM   #60
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I'm Seriously Considering it...I would probably ride alone for most of it...and that scares me alittle...but fuck it...once i get going I'll be ok
First long trips by yourself can be a little daunting. The first one I took I almost puked in the parking lot before I left but once I was on the road I was fine.

I'm going to The Gap while I'm in the area too.

Quote:
Myspace