Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #51
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
This was the first bike that i ever loved.... and the very bike that got me into sportbikes. I'd like to ride one one day to say thank you....
that's NtS's bike... well was before he took out a guard rail...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
All bikes are going to the projector lamp set up. Look what Yami did to the R1.... Ugly as fuck. At least Zuke still has the single lamp setup witch is still ok.
well I hope they're much better than the XB's version... they're HORRIBLE lights... though I've heard they've fixed that...

I don't mind the projector style... the Daytona's look good... but FUCKING A... Kawi and Yamaha need LOTS of work. Suzi isn't bad... though I still think the bike would look fuck'n tits with just the two bulbs and paint over that projector in the middle.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #53
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
that's NtS's bike... well was before he took out a guard rail...
Sat wha?

Quote:
I don't mind the projector style... the Daytona's look good... but FUCKING A... Kawi and Yamaha need LOTS of work. Suzi isn't bad... though I still think the bike would look fuck'n tits with just the two bulbs and paint over that projector in the middle.
Lol, the Yamaha and Honda lights are very similar, just different angle. You didnt seem to say anything about the Honda

Then wouldnt it just look like all the other 600's with split lights? I still like the Suzi bc its different.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #54
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Better than the Honda's lights, IMO.
I know everyone and their mother loves the Honda, but I don't. From a front view it looks like it's buck-toothed. The 05-06 were much better-looking.

I dont mind the Honda headlights. They look mostly normal. But I agree that the 05's were better looking. Always liked them.

Quote:
well I hope they're much better than the XB's version... they're HORRIBLE lights... though I've heard they've fixed that...

The lights on the XB, while projectors, fucking SUCK. I can't see shit at night. Buell did recall them...which I had done. That made them marginally better.

Honestly, before the recall, riding at night at 35 mph was down right DANGEROUS.

But I knew the lights sucked before I bought it. I did my research. And I don't ride at night very often.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #55
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Sat wha?

Lol, the Yamaha and Honda lights are very similar, just different angle. You didnt seem to say anything about the Honda

Then wouldnt it just look like all the other 600's with split lights? I still like the Suzi bc its different.
what's your point I like the honda and Yamaha lights... I was talking about Yamaha's projector style... on the R1... not the R6... the R6 is a good looking bike IMO... but the CBR looks the best... the colors for 09 just suck donkey balls.

I like the GSXR... but think it'd look better with just two headlights and paint where the center projector light is... MUCH BETTER IMO.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #56
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I dont mind the Honda headlights. They look mostly normal. But I agree that the 05's were better looking. Always liked them.

The lights on the XB, while projectors, fucking SUCK. I can't see shit at night. Buell did recall them...which I had done. That made them marginally better.

Honestly, before the recall, riding at night at 35 mph was down right DANGEROUS.

But I knew the lights sucked before I bought it. I did my research. And I don't ride at night very often.
The projectors lights on the gixxer are good. Very bright.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The projectors lights on the gixxer are good. Very bright.
I always liked the GSXR. The lights look fine to me. The cyclops look never bothered me.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I always liked the GSXR. The lights look fine to me. The cyclops look never bothered me.
The only issue with them is that the lights bounce with the suspension. The slightest bump in the road you can see the light bounce on the road ahead of you. I was riding behind a buddy in a cage and he said my lights(on low beans of course) was bouncing constantly.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #59
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
what's your point I like the honda and Yamaha lights... I was talking about Yamaha's projector style... on the R1... not the R6... the R6 is a good looking bike IMO... but the CBR looks the best... the colors for 09 just suck donkey balls.

I like the GSXR... but think it'd look better with just two headlights and paint where the center projector light is... MUCH BETTER IMO.
stacked headlights dont seem to be too popular either, 999/749 anyone?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #60
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I like the side view...well once the exhaust and rear fender are taken care of with aftermarket pieces.

I don't really like the front view as much.

Overall though I like it...should be a screamer too.

Last edited by z06boy; 03-12-2009 at 02:49 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote