Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #51
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Shan, thanks for coming here and posting this for everyone. I hope this will put to rest some of the crap about this, and I hope you'll hang out here.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
On a more positive note, I fixed the brakes on my SV so I plan on actually riding again. It'll only be to and from work, but it's riding.
Good to hear you are back on two.

So what's going to happen to TWF now, VS is just letting the place die by not doing anything at all and adding more ads. Is VS falling apart or something as well if Jim is gone? I wonder what will happen to TWF if they collapse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #53
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

No clue. There is a new guy replacing Jim and I don't know the plans. I don't own the site and I have no responsibility to it. I've removed my emotional and sentimental attachment to the site so what happens is what happens. Doesn't matter to me. [Feels good to type that. ]
ShanMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #54
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Wow. It's humorous to see shyt spewed from people who think they know the story. I'm sleeping just fine, thanks. I'm not here to re-hash some people's one-sided version of history. Believe what you want, personally at this point I could GAF.

Anywho, I will post what I posted in the mod's corner - verbatim. I posted it there first for the mods to see, now I'm sharing it with everyone else. I wasn't going to post it here but after the great response y'all gave me, why not? I do intend on posting it on TWF. I'm posting it here, first.

I figure most of you will continue to spew your vitriole against me, that's fine. Like I said, I'm sleeping just fine. It's easy to insult behind your keyboard with less than the entire story. So if you must, carry on that pointless charade.

On a more positive note, I fixed the brakes on my SV so I plan on actually riding again. It'll only be to and from work, but it's riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Shan, thanks for coming here and posting this for everyone. I hope this will put to rest some of the crap about this, and I hope you'll hang out here.
Quote:
No clue. There is a new guy replacing Jim and I don't know the plans. I don't own the site and I have no responsibility to it. I've removed my emotional and sentimental attachment to the site so what happens is what happens. Doesn't matter to me. [Feels good to type that. ]

Thanks for the info. I figured you had to have some sort of agreement to hang around. But seriously, now that you're back on two and have no reason to be at the other site, hang out here!!! Most of us will welcome you. The others will eventually get over it! And by the way, you can cuss over here, no need to censor yourself.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #55
papapoi
Lost

Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #56
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Thanks for the info. I figured you had to have some sort of agreement to hang around. But seriously, now that you're back on two and have no reason to be at the other site, hang out here!!! Most of us will welcome you. The others will eventually get over it! And by the way, you can cuss over here, no need to censor yourself.

Yeah that expired in August 2007, so since then I've been hanging around on my own free will. And I'm leaving on my own free will giving VS a two month transition window that is ENDING! w00t!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Yeah that expired in August 2007, so since then I've been hanging around on my own free will. And I'm leaving on my own free will giving VS a two month transition window that is ENDING! w00t!
Wow, when did the sale actually happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #58
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I would have stayed there if it wasnt for all the dam ads and crap. VS is just a company out looking for money and not caring about whether or not they screw up a forum. I always thought u were doing it cus u were getting a share too. Now that I know ur not u need to get ur ass over here and hang out like old times
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #59
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
WTF?? I had no idea it was that long ago...
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #60
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I had to go back and check my old emails. Actually it was August it was sold, and 60 days past that. So I was under contract to stay until sometime in October.

A cut of the ads? Heh, I wish. Any ad revenue we had before VS was always immediately re-invested into the site because 1) We needed it to survive and to a much lesser extent 2) putting it back into the site meant any "income" for tax purposes was reduced lessening the tax burden on me and the other two partners.

Interesting how learning more can change some opinions, isn't it. (That's a rhetorical question. )