Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I never understood why manufacturers avoid grey/black interiors on white cars... it's the best look IMHO.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #52
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Actually, I remembered that thread rather specifically as I wrote.

I defended what design decisions that lead me to what I designed (because I still like the idea), but I posted the pics for opinions...good or bad, and gauged the reactions accordingly.

IIRC part of the problem with my design for some was that I was "tinkering" with an iconic car that is rarely modded (unlike the Mustang), and a lot weren't comfortable with even the thought of radically customizing one.

I know those tail lights were ON THE CAR WHEN HE GOT IT, and weren't put on by him (so I thought is was even less personal, as I wasn't commenting on something directly from his tastes).

I know you love to poke me, goof, but I don't poke so easy...see, my biggest peeve is hypocrisy...so you may not find me engaged in it often enough to truly satisfy your lust to bust my chops...sorry.

The tail lights scream "PepBoys", and the bug shield belongs on an RV (IMHO).
You see a distinction that I don't. Oh well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #53
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

AL - Do YOU like the mods you've done so far - did the come out the way you expected it to look?
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I looked at it again (a little harder).

Since the front lights are smoked pretty hard, maybe spraying the tail lenses with that tint shit would make them look 1) less cheap, 2) more matching, and 3) just plain darker, so it's just plain harder to see the insanely busy mirror moonscape going on within the reflector.

Also, since that would really make the front and rear lenses the visually dark "anchors" on either end of an otherwise clean, white car, it emphasizes just how much the bug shield needs to go, as it totally breaks up the front (and front 3/4) lines of the car (the visual flow of all the dark areas...lights, grill, body seams).

A screwdriver, and a can of spray would help a chunk, I'd say.

Actually, I put these on here.... it had clear tail lights that you all (and I hated) when I got it. I bought these smoked tail lights to make it "better", hence the title of this thread....

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13973
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #55
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I never understood why manufacturers avoid grey/black interiors on white cars... it's the best look IMHO.
My '07 Silverado was white and had a graphite interior... I would go to dark grey if I could. I've eye'd mats, seat covers, etc but I don't want to be more "Pep Boys"...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
AL - Do YOU like the mods you've done so far - did the come out the way you expected it to look?
See, I think it really looks "better" BUT I'm not crazy about the tails either. I would consider making them even darker but I kinda want them to be visible....

As far as the bug shield goes, I didn't get that for looks, I got that for function. Again, I'm not crazy about it but I'm even less crazy about the chips I've picked up already. Unless, I find some thing better, the bug shield stays...besides, I turned 45 today so it's about time I start looking older too!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You see a distinction that I don't. Oh well.
Surprise, surprise... I seem to remember a Corvette picture or something too.... It doesn't matter, I think that his opinions are valid but I'm not sure why they had to be delivered in such a harsh manner or why I had to be ridiculed in the process... Not all styles are for everyone, I know that. There are people on here that ride bikes I wouldn't even consider, are married to women that I wouldn't even talk to, and have kids that I wouldn't even pick to win a dog show but you don't see my posting about it every time they put up a pic....
Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
You bringing this to the rally??
I might if Pep Boys has a hitch for my car.... I'm probably going to rent a truck from Enterprise. Although, Harbor Freight just lowered the price of their folding, 4x8 trailer to $259...Plus if they'll let me use the 20% coupon. Yea I know this won't be the best trailer ever but I only use one twice a year max.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (25.9 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Actually, I put these on here.... it had clear tail lights that you all (and I hated) when I got it. I bought these smoked tail lights to make it "better", hence the title of this thread....

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13973
Oh shit, sorry dude...then I would categorize it as a fail, in that case.

Dude, the stockers from a boneyard can't cost shit, and will do wonders for the looks (and resale) of the car.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
My '07 Silverado was white and had a graphite interior... I would go to dark grey if I could. I've eye'd mats, seat covers, etc but I don't want to be more "Pep Boys"...
May be worth it to put out feelers to local junk yards... You should be able to get the whole interior for $1k or so... Maybe craigslist someone for a trade...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote