Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #61
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Mmmmm could be! Yea I'm totally with you! To me a liter bike is just a much better street bike.
especially for two up pantie dropping you cradle robber not that im any better
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #62
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I put a new from tire on he R6 Friday night and took it out for a spin to check everything after I was finished. I 'almost never' ride the R6 anymore since my wife took it over and started riding. I hopped on it...hit the road...all seemed good at low speed...warmed the tires up and hit it and was like WTF...I thought something was wrong with it and then remembered where the power was. After I hit 10k it was a beast from then on but down low...not so much.

I know this 675 and even the 636 mentioned would have more down low...or at least I think they should but up top the R6 is a blast.

Saturday morning we got up and went for a ride. I hopped on my R1...hit the road...went through the gears and said..."ahhhh...daddy's home !!"

I know the track is different but on the street...give me my litre please.

I've already mentioned that I think the 675 in the original post is sexy...and it is !!

I really like the 750 quite a bit.
isint the r1 also supposed to be kinda dead down low? I mean ive had limited time on them but that was my experience
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #63
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
isint the r1 also supposed to be kinda dead down low? I mean ive had limited time on them but that was my experience
There was a complaint a while back about a dead spot around 2500 in one gear(I don't remember which one)on the 06/07. Never heard if there was a fix but I don't hear the complaint anymore.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #64
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Not compared to a 600. It's about like the rest of the litrebikes. I've ridden a Turbo Hayabusa and even a Ducati and a few v-twin cruisers that all had more torque down low so I guess it's all relative.

I know one thing though...when I twist the grip on my R1...it goes.

Last edited by z06boy; 08-10-2009 at 03:36 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #65
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
There was a complaint a while back about a dead spot around 2500 in one gear(I don't remember which one)on the 06/07. Never heard if there was a fix but I don't hear the complaint anymore.
Actually it was at 5500 rpm in 2nd gear and 2nd gear only...kind of weird. Yes there was a fix...the dealer will switch the puter out.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Actually it was at 5500 rpm in 2nd gear and 2nd gear only...kind of weird. Yes there was a fix...the dealer will switch the puter out.
My buddy had an 07 and had that complaint. I never rode it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #67
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My buddy had an 07 and had that complaint. I never rode it.
What's funny is I never knew there was an issue from riding it. It wasn't until I read about it online and then had to take the bike out and attempt to duplicate it and when I did...it was there.

In daily riding whether on a spirited run or just riding around I never hammer it at exactly 5500 rpm in 2nd gear evidently. If you hammer it at 5k or below it doesn't do it or 6000 or above...you have to be doing pretty much exactly 5500 in 2nd gear and 2nd gear only. No other gear at 5500 rpm would result in the same hesitation. A software issue no doubt.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #68
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
What's funny is I never knew there was an issue from riding it. It wasn't until I read about it online and then had to take the bike out and attempt to duplicate it and when I did...it was there.

In daily riding whether on a spirited run or just riding around I never hammer it at exactly 5500 rpm in 2nd gear evidently. If you hammer it at 5k or below it doesn't do it or 6000 or above...you have to be doing pretty much exactly 5500 in 2nd gear and 2nd gear only. No other gear at 5500 rpm would result in the same hesitation. A software issue no doubt.
Sounds like my Jeep. At about 40mph in top gear it surges just a bit. Go another other speed and it doesn't do it. I also had a 05 JGC for work when I was in news and it did the exact same thing at the exact same speed.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #69
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Sounds like my Jeep. At about 40mph in top gear it surges just a bit. Go another other speed and it doesn't do it. I also had a 05 JGC for work when I was in news and it did the exact same thing at the exact same speed.
Manual or auto ? Inline six or V8.

If it's an auto inline six...I'm gonna try it in my Cherokee on the way home after work.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #70
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
my 97 v8 limited was doing that yesterday on the way home from drill. Seemed to go away with od off and later wouldnt do it once the tranny fluid was warmed up