Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #61
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Oh yeah....

Just a few months ago I started up the Ninja in the parking lot after work, forgot to put it in neutral. usually not a big deal because I catch it before it goes anywhere. Well, this time I had set my helmet on the ground in front of me, so I was leaning over too far to catch the bike.

Down she went and kicked over my helmet. I was more mad about my helmet than the bike

Bad thing is, my work building is 90% windows and everyone always tells me that they love watching me get geared up and take off in the afternoons. Grrrrr

So, I took off my backpack and slammed it down on the bike cursing at the bike(like it was her fault ) Pick her back up and rode off in anger.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #62
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Pretty typical story.

Riding through my college town one night I decided to swing by my favorite Mexican restaurant for food and to meet some friends.

Turns out the space right in front of the entire restaurant is open. I pull up right as a gaggle of sorority chicks walks out trashed and barely dressed. I am immediately overwhelmed with questions and don't even think to put the kick stand down. I think the bike got a couple of inches away from hitting the ground but I was still able to save it. Not in enough time to save face though.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #63
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I dreamt all last night that while riding with my dad he kept dropping his old Z1000. And everytime it was my fault
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #64
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

My very first bike was a 1988 Ninja 600R and I had no clue how to ride it other than 1 down and 4 up...right hand for the brake and left hand for the clutch.

I drove it off of the lot and took it into a neighborhood behind the dealership to ride around before hitting the busy city streets at 5:00 pm during rush hour.

Well the bike cut off and would not start back up several blocks away so I parked it and walked back to the dealership to get some help. The guy looked at me and asked if I flipped the tank to reserve. I didn't even know what he was talking about but when it registered about a second later I just turned around and walked back to the bike and sure enough...it started.

I'm surprised I got home alive...but I did.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #65
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
A dude looped his 1098 this weekend pulling out for a warm up lap.

That's some epic schadenfreude right there!

Here's another good one- I'd installed heated grips on my SV, only to discover that the glue they'd provided had completely dried out in the tube. So, the grips were loose. No big deal, right?

So, I'm riding around for a couple days, loose grips, no bar ends since I knew I'd be taking the grips back off. Everything's fine.

Then, I'm coming home from work (dead sober, I swear!!), and as I'm pulling over to the side of the road to check my mail, I pull off too early, and the bike comes down HARD off a 4" drop.

No major crisis normally, since by now I'm only doing about 15 MPH, but as I'm trying to correct, my right handgrip flies off in my hand. Not good. Big wobble, overcorrect and start falling to the left, stick my leg out, kick the bike back towards vertical, drop the wayward handgrip. By then I hit the driveway, which is 4" back up to road level, bounce totally clear of the seat, slide off the right footpeg (and brake) and by some miracle manage to grab the right bar again and stop the bike before it crashed into the mailboxes.

My wife was following me in the car, and asked if I wanted a cowboy hat and a giant belt buckle for that trick.
unknownroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #66
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

10 extra points for the correct use of the word schadenfreude. Minus 10 for using it in a place where maybe 3 people know what it means
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #67
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

fuck me i almost forgot about this beast i had

xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #68
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I can put that can-o-tuna to shame. 1992 GSXR 750. Pink and proud.

Why does the Miami Vice theme play in my head when I look at that pic. lol
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #69
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Why does the Miami Vice theme play in my head when I look at that pic. lol
I think thats a legitamate question. That bike came SCREAMING out of the 80's.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #70
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

"Miami Vice theme"...

The 88 600R Ninja I posted about above looked like this one...not quite as sleek as my R6 is.

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote