www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 AM   #62
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

My cousin tried the raw dog food thing for a while when her older mix wasn't doing so well health wise. Kelsey, has since passed... And my cousin has her other younger Huskey mix on Origin.

One thing with the raw food diet is making sure your animal is getting enough other essential vitamins and protein that is appropriate for their age. Too much could be bad for their kidneys.

There's actually a family owned biz here, about an hour away, that produces, freezes and delivers raw dog food. They have a menu and everything. Trip, you seem to like business adventures, could be something you might want to look into when you get some info and experience behind you. This is a Canadian local site.

http://www.totallyrawdogfood.com/Ordering.aspx

I'd post a picture of my creature, I just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #63
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Let's see if this works.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #64
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

, last one... for a bit.

My Husband and our SPCA mix, Harris the dog. 106 lbs of big black doggy.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #65
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
And we cannot forget Marley......The Deals Gap Traveling Pug

That little brat!!!! we drove home with him.....him ing all the way

He was adorable!

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #66
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Mine have been getting leg quarters as well. Its not as easy to measure the food obviously with raw as it is with kibble, but I'm just going to keep a close eye on them and adjust volume as needed.

My Boxer is still getting the hang of it, he's a finicky eater. Last night I fed him by hand and he ate it all, this morning he ate on his own. They're now on their 5th raw meal and they're not showing any signs of "detox" or any other discomfort.

My lab has shown a huge change at feeding time. Ever since we got her half a year ago she has acted like we were forcing her to eat. But now when I get the raw out she gets very excited about it.

My largest concerns so far are them putting raw on the kitchen floor while they're chewing and me having to mop after mealtime, and them licking my son after eating while they may have bacteria on their mouths.

At any rate, I priced so-called good dry foods with proper content and I just can't afford to feed my dogs that stuff. Hopefully the raw works out because it is turning out to be a very affordable option.
________
Children Depakote

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #67
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Mine have been getting leg quarters as well. Its not as easy to measure the food obviously with raw as it is with kibble, but I'm just going to keep a close eye on them and adjust volume as needed.

My Boxer is still getting the hang of it, he's a finicky eater. Last night I fed him by hand and he ate it all, this morning he ate on his own. They're now on their 5th raw meal and they're not showing any signs of "detox" or any other discomfort.

My lab has shown a huge change at feeding time. Ever since we got her half a year ago she has acted like we were forcing her to eat. But now when I get the raw out she gets very excited about it.

My largest concerns so far are them putting raw on the kitchen floor while they're chewing and me having to mop after mealtime, and them licking my son after eating while they may have bacteria on their mouths.

At any rate, I priced so-called good dry foods with proper content and I just can't afford to feed my dogs that stuff. Hopefully the raw works out because it is turning out to be a very affordable option.

Son??????? did I miss a memo??

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #68
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

haha, you gotta keep up Kel! My wife has a son so he's technically my step-son. His name is Michael and he's the boy in the cart in the first post. He's like a lil Cesar Millan...very good with the dogs in a natural way.
________
No2 Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #69
Ninjakel
Post whorette

sorry. I am half blonde now, so it takes me a bit to filter information

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #70
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

They also have the ability to eat things that have been dead for days...as well as other nasty bacteria and germ infested things...with no visible effects but feed them some people food and they die or become very ill.

I would bet, back in the day before man became so "civilized" we were able to eat and drink all kinds of stuff that we cant today, simply because our systems can longer accept it, and people were hella healthier back then too....
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote