Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #71
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
It's got a fuel filter...buried inside the fuel pump. So if fresh gas does't work then I'll tackle that. I've gotta take the swing arm off to get the fuel pump out. Damn fuel in frame.

JD to be exact. And it was pouring yesterday when I got home from work. But it should be nice tonight. Hopefully I can figure it out.
like I said... you might try throw'n in some Seafoam in with the fresh gas... couldn't hurt... ya know

and JD is good shit... it's usually what kicks off my drinking nights... which are few and far between
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #72
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

As far as Seafoam...I put Sta-bil in it b/c thats what I had handy at the time. I'll run some Seafoam through it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #73
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
As far as Seafoam...I put Sta-bil in it b/c thats what I had handy at the time. I'll run some Seafoam through it.
Sta-bil is good for storing... seafoam can do that as well... but seafoam will help clean out injectors, filters, ect... it's good allaround shit.

it might be worth saying fuck it and swap out the fuel filter with one of those that Gas uses... the ones easy to get to and easy to clean... just for the future if the fresh gas doesn't help...
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #74
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Sta-bil is good for storing... seafoam can do that as well... but seafoam will help clean out injectors, filters, ect... it's good allaround shit.

it might be worth saying fuck it and swap out the fuel filter with one of those that Gas uses... the ones easy to get to and easy to clean... just for the future if the fresh gas doesn't help...
I want to avoid pulling the fuel pump at all costs. I really dont want to remove the swing arm. So if I put fresh gas in and it runs good then fuck it. Filter stays.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #75
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah I was talking about more if the gas doesn't work... since you're already gonna be at the filter... why not throw in one of those like Gas was talk'n about that you can place in a more accessable area incase of future issues

but here's hope'n for the gas being the issue
Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #76
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I can drain the fuel without pulling the pump. There's a drain plug on it. So...here's to hoping.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #77
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
It's got a fuel filter...buried inside the fuel pump. So if fresh gas does't work then I'll tackle that. I've gotta take the swing arm off to get the fuel pump out. Damn fuel in frame.
that sucks. didn't think about that.

he already told you about seafoam so...

Last edited by zed; 03-27-2009 at 11:48 AM..
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #78
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Sounds to me like the battery is to weak to spin the motor fast enough to get past the next 300 degrees of crank rotate after the cylinders fire. Try a jump from a car battery CAR NOT RUNNING! to see if I'm correct.

Other wise I would say the ECU might have taken a crap and is not telling the plugs or injectors to fire.

You did not clean and over oil the air filter in the last few day did you? Cause that can cause this also.

The back cylinder on most air cooled motors also runs a bit rich to help cool it. Just a heads up cause you mentioned the plugs being different.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #79
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Sounds to me like the battery is to weak to spin the motor fast enough to get past the next 300 degrees of crank rotate after the cylinders fire. Try a jump from a car battery CAR NOT RUNNING! to see if I'm correct.

Other wise I would say the ECU might have taken a crap and is not telling the plugs or injectors to fire.

You did not clean and over oil the air filter in the last few day did you? Cause that can cause this also.

The back cylinder on most air cooled motors also runs a bit rich to help cool it. Just a heads up cause you mentioned the plugs being different.
I haven't completely ruled out the battery. It is original and now over 4 years old. I've tried starting it with the battery hooked up to the Tender. But to no avail.

Air filter has not been cleaned and oil lately...still looks brand new.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #80
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

coiuld be the battery with that age but if you have kept it on the tender when not riding for longer times it shouldn't be the problem.

you could put it on the charger and take it in to get it checked to make sure that isn't the problem.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote