Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #81
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Don't you wish you could've gotten one?
yes, i hate you for rubbing it in, now i know what its like when i ask you if you can go riding with us

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #82
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
(cutting and pasting from my previous thread describing it)
The 1125R feels like what I wished my TL1000R could have. Maybe it could have, but I didn't have the money or know-how to get it there.
It takes little or no effort to toss it around, it balances easily when stopped, and feels like it weighs half of what it does.
(and I can't really 'compare' the two because it would be bad form)

And the 'noid is an EPA noise reducing component that cuts your throttle response when you crank the throttle more than halfway in 3rd gear.
Just about everyone on the Buell forums recommends removing it.
After my experience today, I'll have to agree with them.

You beat me to it!!! I'm like aren't you all comparing the Buell to your old bikes? I mean, what's your point of reference for your praise? Oh I get it, it's only "bad form" when it's a negative comparison, when it's praise, it's "good form"!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #83
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Compare all you want, man, I'm just giving you shit.
Frankly, I'm very pleased with my choice and your like or dislike of it won't change my enjoyment.
Well God I hope not!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #84
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You beat me to it!!! I'm like aren't you all comparing the Buell to your old bikes? I mean, what's your point of reference for your praise? Oh I get it, it's only "bad form" when it's a negative comparison, when it's praise, it's "good form"!!!
I think it would be a more fair comparison to compare the gsxr to a zx-10 since theyre the same class. A liter class v-twin is a different ride (more fun on the streets IMHO ) than an Inline 4
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #85
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Think Gixxer riders would have done this??

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-091...,3390379.story
Hell no!!! A lot of us turned out for events commemorating the 25th anniversary of the GSXR... I wonder if they'll be a big party when Buell reaches their 25th year of production?....oh yea that right, oops.

Seriously, probably not but Buell riders are more of a "cult"/lifestyle type rider, kinda like Harley guys. Facts and figures mean nothing to them. It's all about image and belonging to a group....
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #86
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I think it would be a more fair comparison to compare the gsxr to a zx-10 since theyre the same class. A liter class v-twin is a different ride (more fun on the streets IMHO ) than an Inline 4
Werd, and if it'll out run the legendary "widow maker" TLR, I would also not consider it a slouch. Even if the TLR is an old design.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #87
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Hell no!!! A lot of us turned out for events commemorating the 25th anniversary of the GSXR... I wonder if they'll be a big party when Buell reaches their 25th year of production?....oh yea that right, oops.

Seriously, probably not but Buell riders are more of a "cult"/lifestyle type rider, kinda like Harley guys. Facts and figures mean nothing to them. It's all about image and belonging to a group....
The guy with the Jordan paint scheme gixxer with every accessory out of the catalogue on it talking about image?? Wanna try again?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #88
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:

????

2008 you douche.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #89
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Werd, and if it'll out run the legendary "widow maker" TLR, I would also not consider it a slouch. Even if the TLR is an old design.
I will be bale to make comparisons to my old TLS and hopefully it will motivate me to get that back together and running.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Tommy haven't you ridden a GSXR1000? It pulls very similar to a V-Twin imho and it turns WAY fucking easier than most V-Twins!!! Personally, I think that you will be very happy with your bike, I mean that, and I hope that you get millions of miles worth of enjoyment from it, I mean that too.

As far as comparison goes, well I'll never stop believing that bikes should be matched up by purpose and engine size. If you come to the table with a 1000+cc sport bike, I would hope that you and your design team imbibed it with the very best engine that you could for this application. If that is a V-Twin then okay, if it is not then I'm sorry but your machine is inferior for this application! Again, it's like on Pinks where they tell the builders to bring 5 liter cars. One guy brings a Chevy and one brings a Ford, the one with the slower car spends the whole show complaining that his car is slower and deserves special treatment. My question is, why didn't you build a better/faster car? Sportbikes are about speed, handling and brakes in my opinion. Everything else is secondary.

I'll most likely get one and I'm sure that I'll enjoy it for what it is and what I got it for. If it is "better" than my GSXR I swear to you right now that I will admit it publicly on this forum. If not well, I'm sure that you can imagine...