Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #21
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
OK, so how about when traffic opens up, and there's nobody blocking you AND nobody you need to pass........You'd move over then, right?
Yes...

pet peeve

when mofos get on the highway into the right lane and go straight to the left when there is NOBODY in any lane in front of them. That shit is STUPID ANNOYING!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Thank you... finally somebody that understands. I know why. Cause you drove in Michigan for some amount of time.

I didn't make this shit up. I know plenty of people that have moved here from all over... florida, GA, tenn, Cali. It was my buddy from Cali that said... drivers in michigan are F'in crazy.

On 696... left lane. Mofo's are doing 90+. REAL TALK. When I had a 4x4 ranger I would ride on the speed limiter at 94mph... use to piss me off like no other!! Or I'd go to pass some fuck doing 82 in the left... BAM hit taht 94 speed limiter. For those that don't know... I-696 is 40' below ground... it's Michigan's auto bon. Use to regularly do 160mph+++ on the rockets thru there... YES IN TRAFFIC!!! F'in INSANE even for michigan.

EXACTLY!!!!
Yea it was like an all out race half the time, youll basically get run over if youre ever doing less than 80 on any highway. I loved it most of the time cause thats how Im most comfortable driving.

Quote:
OK, so how about when traffic opens up, and there's nobody blocking you AND nobody you need to pass........You'd move over then, right?
Why bother at that point? If Im doing 85 in a 65 or something and someone flies up on me, theyre the type of person that will go to the right to pass me before I even bother. Trust me I do it to people all the time.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Why bother at that point? If Im doing 85 in a 65 or something and someone flies up on me, theyre the type of person that will go to the right to pass me before I even bother. Trust me I do it to people all the time.
So why not stay right, so that they don't have to do that? It's just common courtesy. Plus it's safer when people pass on the left, not the right.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yes...

pet peeve

when mofos get on the highway into the right lane and go straight to the left when there is NOBODY in any lane in front of them. That shit is STUPID ANNOYING!
I agree.........I can't stand left-lane squatters (hint: JoJoYZF). Quit trying to act like nobody could possibly want to go faster than you.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
snobuny
Kneedragger

Moto: 01 kawa 600R, 03 636 track, yz250motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm going to Michigan next week!
Where are you going and when will you be here? Bringing the bike? Let us know maybe we can hook up!
snobuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #26
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
From your mirror, it's obvious the right lane is totally clear........So why are you still in the left lane if you're not passing someone?

And how do YOU know nobody wants to go faster than you? Can you read their minds?
Seriously, it's one of the most selfish asshole moves a driver can make.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
And I bet you completely lose your cool when some dipshit won't get out of YOUR way. Especially when moving to the right would immediately jam you into slower moving traffic. If only I had a dollar for every dipshit with that ignorant mindset on my drive to Florida and back last week...
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #28
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Atlanta is worse. Far worse.

Scarily so.

Eff Atlanta traffic.
Then get the fuck out of my way!!!!
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I kinda agree with GasMan....lived in IL, TN, MI for 7 years and now CA. MI drivers will tend to drive 80-85 in large packs and all lanes seem to do this. BUT...they do not drive as close as they do in CA nor do we in CA slow down for curves. There is this stretch on I-75 around Rochester Road when I was there last week in MI where I will do 90mph and the flow would slow down to 70. They do seem to leave larger gaps between cars vs. CA. I always snuck in between cars because in LA we know how to roll like that. Start turning when the car next to you is half way passed and you'll get in front. I know this pissed a bunch of people off too....sportin with the CA plates.

I also noticed that people don't back down in MI on the freeways as much as they do in CA. CA drivers are alot more laid back (and alot more illegal).

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 07-09-2010 at 12:39 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #30
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Seriously, it's one of the most selfish asshole moves a driver can make.
I don't see any issue driving in the left lane if nobody is behind you...unless it's a "Left Lane only to Pass" state.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote