Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #81
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

See the lower portion of my sig regarding cats.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #82
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Though I could safely walk my dogs through a carnival or the mall without fear of incident I know I can rely on them for protection if necessary...though with 100lb of teeth and muscle at your side you are not likely to targeted as a victim. My wife walks the dogs alone at night with complete confidence.
Autonomous Mobile Sword.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #83
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

This is a picture of a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. My parents have one that looks just like this. She is the SWEETEST dog with people but has sent numorous dogs to the vet for stitches due to her aggression toward all other dogs. I always joke with my mom that she would make the ultimate "sleeper" dog in a fighting ring because she is so dog aggressive. My parents have spent tons of money on socialization classes and obedience training and it has done no good. She now has to be carried past every dog she walks by and when I dog sit her and take her to the park, she wears a muzzle. Now you tell me if you think she looks like a dangerous dog? ALL dogs have the ability to be dangerous....cropped ears or not.

My cousin also got her face bit BADLY by a boxer as a child. She came to a house for
halloween and the boxer didn't like her mask and attacked. Had never shown signs of aggression before that. ALL dogs should be watched closely and you should be able to read their temperment in any situation.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #84
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Think you could outrun him?

1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #85
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
This is a picture of a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. My parents have one that looks just like this. She is the SWEETEST dog with people but has sent numorous dogs to the vet for stitches due to her aggression toward all other dogs. I always joke with my mom that she would make the ultimate "sleeper" dog in a fighting ring because she is so dog aggressive. My parents have spent tons of money on socialization classes and obedience training and it has done no good. She now has to be carried past every dog she walks by and when I dog sit her and take her to the park, she wears a muzzle. Now you tell me if you think she looks like a dangerous dog? ALL dogs have the ability to be dangerous....cropped ears or not.

My cousin also got her face bit BADLY by a boxer as a child. She came to a house for
halloween and the boxer didn't like her mask and attacked. Had never shown signs of aggression before that. ALL dogs should be watched closely and you should be able to read their temperment in any situation.

Of course you realize that this means that your parents are horrible dog owners and a weak pack leaders! Every dog that has been injured is the direct responsibility of your parents and they shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. *See previous posts that claim that a dog's aggression has nothing to do with the dog but is the fault of the owners!*

Better call Cesar!!!

You must realize that I am kidding. Some people think that there is no such thing as a bad dog. I disagree. Did you all know that Pits and Rots account for 67% of all fatal dog attacks? That isn't "media bias" it's a fact pulled from a govt database.

Anyway, man I had a great ride today and my gf has worn away her chicken strips completely!!! We put on almost 300 miles in 6 hours of riding including lunch.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #86
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You must realize that I am kidding. Some people think that there is no such thing as a bad dog. I disagree. Did you all know that Pits and Rots account for 67% of all fatal dog attacks? That isn't "media bias" it's a fact pulled from a govt database.
And, everyone knows breeds my dog was called a pit. She's a BLACK LAB. She was attacked by a terrier - the guy from animal control saw her for about 30 seconds then told someone in a statement she was pit.

Hokie, no offense meant - but terriers have serious little dog syndrome of strike first mentality. I'm not a fan.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #87
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, everyone knows breeds my dog was called a pit. She's a BLACK LAB. She was attacked by a terrier - the guy from animal control saw her for about 30 seconds then told someone in a statement she was pit.

Hokie, no offense meant - but terriers have serious little dog syndrome of strike first mentality. I'm not a fan.
Okay, so every attack the animal control is called to, the ANIMAL CONTROL officers get the breed wrong? Right...I pulled that number from their database. No I'm not saying they are perfect but how often would you think that they are wrong? 50%? So ONLY a third(33%) of fatal attacks involve just 2 breeds? Oh yea that's much better.

Yea, I'm way over little dogs! Terriers are breed to be aggressive as well, aren't they? I don't know, I'm just fucking with y'all now! Shit, the most vicious dogs I've ever seen were a Chihuahua and a Pomeranian!!! In my experience, little dogs are assholes most of the time!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-14-2009 at 12:16 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #88
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Oh I know Terriers are aggressive..they were bred for one reason...to kill.

And not all terriers are small so the "small dog syndrome" doesn't really apply. She is about the size of a pitbull. Not as muscular....but as tall or taller. My mom wanted her because she is "hypoallergenic". She is a good dog, just needs extra care in handling. I wouldn't call her a bad dog. Just proving the point that "mean" pits are not the only aggressive dogs out there. Sometimes the cute ones are too.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #89
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Wow. this thread has REALLY kept going.

I gotta say, I am in agreement with both sides. I do think that PB's have a bad rap, but also for a good reason in most cases. Poor owners are to blame for many of the actions dogs take, simply because the owner isnt "Alpha", hasnt learned the warning signs, or failed to nip things in the bud before they became an issue.

At one time I had 6 dogs, Shepard, Collie, Lab Mix, Jack Russell and 2 Papillons. My Jack was by far the most aggressive, but would never harm a person, but my shepard would eat you alive if you appeared to threaten me or the home, but at a single command from me she would heel and refrain from doing anything. I was the alpha member of the pack and every one of my dogs knew it. I rarely had to discipline or punish, my voice was more than enough to keep them in line. But I spent extensive time training them.

Now, 16 yr old "Bobby" with the beautiful red pit and her fancy spiked collar who is alternately yelled at, then petted and praised and always confused about her status, well, who can blame her for her poor training when she hasnt even learned acceptable behavior. Or the idiots who think its "cute" to sic their dogs on other animals or toys that resemble babies, puppies, kittens, etc.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #90
shmike
Follower

What does APBT stand for?