Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Back in August they got the online form 4 submission up and running. It will eventually make it faster. Atfonline.gov You can submit form 1 and 4s electronically for llc and trusts. Individuals still have to do the paper form. You create an account and then attach your ffl to the account. Once approved you can submit. Has a place to attach copies of trusts or corp paperwork. You pay electronically as well.

Also talked to ATF back in august, they have over 46k forms to approve. They just hired 3 new examiners and 6 more are queued up to be hired. That will double their staff and should help out. It may take 2-3 months for all the examiners to be trained and ready, but once they are I think we'll see a HUGE slash in wait times
ATF is trying to make changes to trusts. Just breezing through it, so I could well be wrong, but it looks like they want CLEO signoff, pictures, prints, same as individuals do now.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2013-0001-0001
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Too bad for me I go the individual route since my sheriff will sign off on the forms. Hopefully things will stabilize soon.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I didn't think you could use a 22lr silencer with 223, thought you had to go the other way around 223 silencer for 22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I didn't think you could use a 22lr silencer with 223, thought you had to go the other way around 223 silencer for 22.
A .223 round should not be shot through a .22lr silencer. Reason: gas volume. The .22lr silencers are very small and light weight (to not add stress to the short/small .22lr barrel) and not made to withstand the blow that comes from a .233 round

You CAN shoot a .22lr through a .223 silencer but the silencer you'd use for a .223 (MUCH heavier/bulkier) cannot be disassembled and the .22lr round discharges a massive amount of carbon and crap that NEEDS to be cleaned after use.

The GOOD .22lr silencers are not sealed so you CAN get them apart and clean them.

It's best to have a dedicated .22lr silencer, and then get a 30 caliber multi for your .223 That way you can ALSO use it on a .308 or 7.62 if you choose.

I breezed through his post and MISSED that confusion

Last edited by CasterTroy; 09-24-2013 at 02:48 PM..
CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Quote:
You can't. You don't want to shoot .22 through a .223 suppressor either. .22 powder is filthy and the non-jacketed lead bullets splatter molten lead particles that build up in the suppressors. The better .22 silencers can be disassembled for clean that out of them.

Get a .22 can and a 7.62 can. That way you can shoot .223 and 7.62 through the 7.62 suppressor and .22LR, .22 magnum and .17 HMR through the rimfire can.

Hopefully it's clearer now.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
You can't. You don't want to shoot .22 through a .223 suppressor either. .22 powder is filthy and the non-jacketed lead bullets splatter molten lead particles that build up in the suppressors. The better .22 silencers can be disassembled for clean that out of them.

Get a .22 can and a 7.62 can. That way you can shoot .223 and 7.62 through the 7.62 suppressor and .22LR, .22 magnum and .17 HMR through the rimfire can.

Hopefully it's clearer now.
I don't mean to be argumentative, but I shoot 22 through my Gemtech Halo all the time. Not an exaggeration to say a thousand rounds of 22 for every hundred 223 . And while you are correct 22 is filthy stuff tthe first 10 rounds of 223 cleans it right out. That said I agree if you are just starting your stamp collection. The cans you want are 22 Lr. 7.62 (you can anything from 22. LR through 7.62x54R in most and some are rated through 300 win mag ) and for centerfire pistol a 45acp can.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Well ordered a threaded tacsol barrel for the 10/22, need to decide which can I want and get to a local dealer.

Really like that Sparrow that twobanger got, also considering the Spectre

Anyone else got recommendations for one?
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
CasterTroy

Quote:

I bought the Thompson Machine ISIS-22

I only paid $275 for it!

Good GAWD it's quiet! And light as HELL. Full break down for cleaning.

I shot it at my dealers house (he lives in a crackerbox hood where houses are 5ft appart) in his back yard. No record, no echo, no signature. Just the sound of the slide of the pistol ejecting a round. Sounded like an airsoft pistol going off
Old 09-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Well ordered a threaded tacsol barrel for the 10/22, need to decide which can I want and get to a local dealer.

Really like that Sparrow that twobanger got, also considering the Spectre

Not so much a recommendation, but I will say that I love my little gemtech Outback . had it since 05 and it has held up well function hasn't changed. I have regularly used the Mite and the Wraith from Yankee Hill and tried a few other brands of cans. As far as the way they sound I can't hear any difference when they are side by side despite the manufactures claims. I would say buy the one you like the looks of Period.
Apart from that when I want it extra quiet on a rifle I will run my 223 can on the 22 long rifle. Good 22 subs out the end of my Tacl Sol AR22 with the Gemtech Halo on it sounds like a staple gun.

Last edited by nhgunnut; 09-26-2013 at 05:15 PM..
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote